Day 3 was spent in Fremantle. We got there early at 1030hrs and by noon, we did quite a damage to our pockets (though I had no idea on what). Obviously, we didnt take many photos. The Fremantle market was closed, it being a weekday and all, but we did spend some time cruising down the rest of the shops. At about 1330hrs, we sought refuge at the big park nearby. I love the park culture in Aussie. You just do your stuff - practise lasso, sleep, read or like me...sit and daydream.










We had late lunch (cum brekkie cum dinner) at Ciccerello's where I had my standard seafood chowder and of course...those big ass fish and chips. Surrounded by the seagulls, Meiling and I ate till we almost died. And then we ate again.








Full...and walked slowly back to the train station. We did a quick stop at Harbourtown...didnt spend much and then headed ''home''. Nothing outstanding but I was broke and tired.
Have been staying in our room. It's nice and cosy and ...ah, Two and A Half Men on telly. Our personal telly. Tomorrow, crap..we have to return to the bloody dorm.
P/S: Shira, your lame friend added me on Facebook. In his silly big-small alphabet spelling/grammar, he asked me if I were really a lecturer and...classic...what does a lecturer do. What does a lecturer do????? I shear sheep for wool!!
P/P/S: No...I havent replied him. Maybe I should say that.
18th Feb 2010: Day 4
So here I am ...day 4 in Perth.
We spent the whole day resting and relaxing, not that the previous days had been strenuous. Checked out of our private room and got back to the dorm.
Goodbye, personal room...





...and hello again, dorm.


After that, in the searing sun, we made our way to the WA Museum and stayed there for almost 2.5hrs. I've been there many times but it's still a wonder to me.















Thanks, Thoreau.
Love the last quote.
After that...wahahaha...we popped by Sportsgirl and unfortunately, there's nothing much that I could buy/afford. Those on sale were bleargh...those which were not were...out of my pockets' league.
Lunch at 1445hrs was at McDonalds and then we made our way to the Esplanade/Swan River (again) to laze and read our books (The Motorcycle Diaries for me!). We sat by the waters till 1900hrs; toasting gently at first and then freezing.











We walked back at dusk...walked past the dear old Dada Records. Didnt step in...no more money. Dinner was at the ever-reliable Insan's Cafe (where the late auntie loved to eat) and then here we are...at Exomod Cafe, full from dinner but there's free wifi. So....




Going home tomorrow. Flight is at 1500hrs and by 2000hrs I would be back. I like Perth as much as I like travelling, but I love to come home the most.
...
It's almost midnight and there's some party going on at the lounge area of the hostel. Grr. So noisy.
Oh on our way back from Exomod, we heard some loud firework noises. As we were approaching our hostel, we saw some flashes of light at the end of the far road. No idea what was going on though...




Meiling and I are on one bed because she is charging her laptop and she cannot do it if she's on the upper bunk. Me? I'm not the upper bunk kind of person. I cannot sleep when the light is on. So hahaha...we're bunking on one bed. Think some of the girls are giving us the weird look.
Tough.
19th Feb 2010: Day 5
At the airport now...almost time to go.
We checked out of Hotel (hotel? right!) Bambu at 1015hrs and then we carried our bags to Medy's cafe. She wanted us to have our final meal..lunch there. But Meiling and I figured it was still too early for lunch so we dumped our bags there for a while and headed to the Western Australia Arts Museum to check out some paintings and sculptures. Cool stuff.
We returned an hour later. We had about 40 minutes left so we gobbled the sumptuous food Medy laid out for us. Again, I forgot to take pictures with her. WTF, Ed!

Medy also gave me a box of figs for the parents.
Thanks!!!!
Our airport shuttle soon came at noon and ...haha off we went. The bus went around Perth City for quite a while, picking up other passengers. Managed to drive past some "nostalgic" spots, like The City Waters Apartment and Goodearth Hotel. The late auntie came and stayed at the apartment in 2002 while the parents and I stayed in Goodearth in 2006.









Goodbye Hay Street
Goodbye Swan River
Goodbye TransPerth
Goodbye Fast Eddy's
Goodbye multi-crossing pedestrians
Goodbye
All right, it's time to board the plane (Qantas, by the way, with old stewards and stewardesses). That's the end of my short Perthian trip. See you in Singapore.

The end.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment