Got this from a student. He must have gotten the memo 10 days too late.


Still it was so sweet of him.
Wonder how he is in China.
Anyway, it's the end of Day 2 of Eid and the weight I've lost in fasting month is fast catching up. No...stay away.
This year, the mother didnt go through much hassle (there's still some but not as much as previous years where every Hari Raya morning she looked like she had gone to war and back!). This time round, instead of the usual lontongs and the traditional works, she decided to do potato beef balls in spicy soup.




Oooh money+ang pows.
Yesterday (Friday) saw us leaving house at about 1500hrs. I was up till 0600hrs that morning and woke up a few hours later with a swollen right.







We're all tired and all so naturally, we would take the time to space out at my aunties' places haha.

Horrible, I know.
Second day was no better though we managed to cover more houses - a meagre total of 5.












*Suck in guts...release*
Oh well.
The right eye is in slight pain. Swollen. Think it's (a) lack of sleep, (b) must have been infected when I was cleaning the bloody dusty room on Thursday night/Friday morning and (c) wearing contact lenses.
On a random note, here's a pic of my 9-month-old niece in her Man U garb.

Nur Emma.
Stay away from her, Wayne Rooney.
Okay it's almost 0200hrs. My head is beginning to spin. Need to wake up early cause I am meeting Liah and we're heading to KBox for a fast karaoke session (Hari Raya songs!!)- KLunch before continuing my Hari Raya walkabout in the afternoon when the father comes home from his morning shift work.
Oh...talking about karaoke and all, I've fallen in love with this Malay song by Faizal Tahir. Oh, I've already liked him from the start ...


Married, dammit!
...but this song..
It's just..aaaaaaaaaawwwwww!!!!
Biarkan berlalu (Let it pass)
Semua kepedihanmu (All your bitterness)
Lelapkan matamu (Close your eyes)
Biarkan mimpi membawamu (Let your dreams bring you)
Ke mana kau mahu (To wherever you want to go)
Selamat malam (Goodnight)
Tidurlah sayangku (Sleep, my love)
Siang kan tiba bercahaya (Day will come and glisten)
Bermula baru semua untukmu (Renew your everything)
Biarkan berlabuh tirai kisah semalam (Let the curtains of yesterday fall)
Yang indah itu ada padamu (The splendour is found in you)
Dengan setiap impian dan harapan (With every aspiration and hope)
Selamat malam (Good night)
Tidurlah sayangku (Sleep, my love)
Siang kan tiba bercahaya (Day will come and glisten)
Bermula baru semua untukmu (Renew your everything)
Kan ku menjadi arjuna (I'll be the hero)
Dalam mimpi-mimpimu (In your every dream)
Kan ku panah tepat ke jiwamu (I'll shoot an arrow to your soul)
Atas nama cintaku (In the name of love)
Pari-pari ku utus (I'll send the fairies)
Bawa kau ke sini lagi (To bring you here again)
Terhapus semua air mata dengan senyuman (Wipe the tears with a smile)
Selamat malam sayang (Goodnight love)
Selamat malam kasih (Goodnight dear)
Selamat malam sayang (Goodnight love)
Woooo... (Seriously???)
Selamat malam sayang (Goodnight love)
Selamat malam kasih (Goodnight dear)
Selamat malam sayang (Goodnight love)
Woooo...
Tidurlah sayangku (Sleep, my love)
Siang kan tiba bercahaya (Day will come and glisten)
Bermula baru semua untukmu (Renew your everything)
Selamat malam (Goodnight)
Tidurlah sayangku (Sleep, my love)
- Selamat Malam, Faizal Tahir
You know that I seldom listen to Malay songs but this is *heartfelt* beautiful to me. Yay!
P/S: Guys, especially Jason Woo, I hope your Malay will improve slightly with that translation of mine hahaha.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment