Monday, February 28, 2011

Love you more

Live update as we go.

Cinematography
Academy's Fav: I dont know...and I dont care.
Ed's Pick: One question - did you even see Inception??? INCEPTION
Results: INCEPTION!!!! YAY! (spot on)

Supporting Actress

Academy's Fav: Melissa Leo
Ed's Pick: I would have picked Mila Kunis but wait..she's not here. It's Hailee Steinfeld for me.
Results: Melissa Leo.

Adapted Screenplay
Academy's Fav: The Social Network
Ed's Pick: This is purely biased as I am a huge Boyle fan - 127 Hours!
Results: The Social Network!

Original Screenplay
Academy's Fav: The King's Speech
Ed's Pick: Nolan wrote a bat-shit crazy screenplay and he should win. Inception!
Results: The King's Speech..nooooo even I can write that!

Supporting Actor
Academy Fav: Christian Bale
Ed's Pick: I'll go with the academy on this. Christian "I'm British but I'm an American psycho!" Bale
Results: Christian Batshit-Crazy Bale. Yay! (spot on)

Best Score

Academy's Fav: 127 Hours by AR Rahman, if I am not wrong
Ed's Pick: Reznor and Ross in The Social Network
Results: Reznor and Ross!! (spot on)

Original Song
Academy's Fav: Randy Newma's "We Belong Together"
Ed's Pick: 127 Hours' If I Rise
Results: We Belong Together...baaaaaaah!

Best Director
Academy's Fav: Darren Aronofsky
Ed's Pick: Great injustice to Christopher Nolan. How can he be snubbed? Did they watch Inception? Fuck shit. I'm going to side with David Fincher on this.
Results: Tom Hooper...THe King's Speech. BORING!

Best Actress
Academy's Fav: Natalie Portman
Ed's Pick: Jennifer Lawrence makes me want to kill myself. Why is she even here? I know Portman might just bag it...but I have a soft spot for Kidman. So yes, I pick a (losing battle) Nicole Kidman.
Result:Natalie Portman...congrats.

Best Actor
Academy's Fav: Colin Firth
Ed's Pick: II think Leo diCaprio is SEVERELY snubbed. I love Franco but I think it's not his year yet. Jeff Bridges was just his drunken self. Eisenberg... hmm..maybe. Gaah. The non-J will take it. Colin Firth.
Result: Colin Firth (spot on!)

Best Picture
Academy's Fav: Black Swan, The King's Speech
Ed's Pick: Inception (though I dont think it's Academy's favourite. Pooh!!). By the way, Winter's Bone...I want my money back!
Result: The King's Speech ...yay but boring.

Oh well.

That's it, ladies and gentlemen. I see you here next year...for the 84th.

P/S: I still love you James Franco. But hey...stay in school.


###

No comments: