It's 10 days into April and wow...my first this month. I am usually quite update-savvy with this blog but as you can see, 2011 has been slow here in blogosphere. It's not that I havent got much to say..au contraire, actually. It's just that these last few months, I havent even got time to even breathe properly sometimes.
Work used to be killing me softly but since the past few months, the slow road to a coroner's case file has been getting audible. Very audible.
I had an epiphany somewhere in February...one morning (must be around 3-4am) while I was on the verge of madness preparing for my Diploma and Uni classes...that if I were to continue to be in TooMuchCrap any longer, I would be a likely candidate for a heart attack and then I'd die in class. So yeah. That was it. From that day onwards, I began to look for a job like crazy.
Still the calls and responses were tepid. Back in January, I was offered a job at a publishing firm but I turned it down because (1) I wasnt feeling the location (@ MacPherson) and (2) I was actually excited to start my 2nd semester teaching students doing their degree with Hertfordshire. So yeah, I turned it down. Now...there's a little part of me which screams to me every day saying:
YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT!
But ah, I think it's not my destiny yet. So I'll just keep on searching.
That doesnt mean I am putting less effort in my teaching. Never, okay. I have never..wait..there were some days..so let me re-phrase this. I always try not to compromise my students' education. I may be sleepless for days or tired like crazy but when the powerpoint comes on the white screen, the stage, or rather, classroom is mine. I'll own it.
Word.
P/S: Am going Phuket for a short break this Good Friday.
P/P/S: Am going to Perth in June to see Ms Kylie Minogue AND for a slightly longer break in June. Maybe I wont come back. Perth is always my to-go place when I need to think. And I badly need to think.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment