First post of 2013. Hope this marks a good year. The zodiac predicts a lousy year but seriously, it read a crappy one last year too and all the years before. So as usual, horoscopes to the curb. Never a fan of them cause they're all a farce. I wrote them myself when I was a radio presenter.
Oops.
Did I say that?
So what did you do last night? I rung in the New Year in the middle of a road, crossing a traffic light after watching a really sad French movie called 'Amour'.
It's about this old man who struggled through to take care of his wife who had stroke...and then when she was in so much pain, he smothered her with a pillow to end it all.
While watching the show I remembered Bibik's last days at the hospital 3 years ago. Just like that. Her gasping...her soft moaning...okay let's stop this now.
2012. What was your highlight? Mine definitely were my travel stories.
This time in 2012, I just came home from Bali after a night of great kampung partying under the stars. I had a good trip to Hong Kong in March with the parents, sister and Lexie and finally got to share my passion for Hong Kong with the people I love.
Then somewhere in April (or May?), I had a really short break and headed to Krabi with the sister for some sea loving. I got a really cool accommodation...had the pool just steps away from my bed...and spent most of my time in the water. Cause I am such a sea baby, I took my country bumpkin sister island hopping around Phi Phi island and swim/snorkel. I really fell in love with Krabi and have plans of heading back :)
But of course my ultimo highlight was my 15-day adventure in Italia with Lauren and Jing.
Milan, Venice, Tuscany (Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano, Arezzo, San Giovanni), Vatican and Rome...we walked through them all till my soles were cobbled-beaten. I even managed to squeeze a football match between AS Roma (Totti!!) and Bologna at the majestic Stadio Olimpico. Oh...and Liz's wedding at the beautiful Villa Barberino at the Tuscan countryside. My, that was a great day.
Of course I got a lot of flak for taking a 2-week leave from work. I was told that in future, I couldnt take such a long leave. That got me really ruffled and immediately I felt so suffocated...chained with an iron ball at my feet. Still I had to be above my emotions and hung on.
Yes. It's just that but I felt that 'commandment' was the heaviest sentence to befall on me. Not that I was planning to go away for two weeks again every month but to know that I couldnt do it anymore made my heart ache so badly. I couldnt imagine not doing what I love most - to travel far and wide.
To not be able to go away after a period of being a rat in a sad rodent life (modern life is rubbish) is devastating. Four months after and I am still hurt. It undermined the euphoria I felt while in Italy. I felt angry upon return.
But I have let it past. At 32, I am less angry. I dont resign (myself to fate) but I have learnt to be diplomatic, pragmatic, elastic...fantastic..etc. I believe strongly in karma and I let God now do the judging.
So help me, God.
Love-wise...2012 must be one of the most boring years in that aspect. Sure, heart fluttered a few times but none was strong enough to turn into something else.
BUT it is okay. I have seen marriages rocky enough for me to stay away. Though I love the idea of a matrimonial union, I'm not the sort who grovel and bemoan of the lack thereof.
No...never the grovelling and clingy kind. What kind of love requires one to be like that anyway? Where pride goes on the line? Where you hang yourself out to dry?
Hah. Maybe that's why I am still single. Never take things serious enough to be beyond myself. Ah. It is okay.
So 2013. Just want to be happy. To do what I love. To get what I deserve. To feel what I am worth. All that constitute to being happy.
Oh...of course to spend time with my nieces and parents before they get too old.
Too old to hang out with their cool auntie. Too old to live.
Happy new year, my friend.
###
Oops.
Did I say that?
So what did you do last night? I rung in the New Year in the middle of a road, crossing a traffic light after watching a really sad French movie called 'Amour'.
It's about this old man who struggled through to take care of his wife who had stroke...and then when she was in so much pain, he smothered her with a pillow to end it all.
While watching the show I remembered Bibik's last days at the hospital 3 years ago. Just like that. Her gasping...her soft moaning...okay let's stop this now.
2012. What was your highlight? Mine definitely were my travel stories.
This time in 2012, I just came home from Bali after a night of great kampung partying under the stars. I had a good trip to Hong Kong in March with the parents, sister and Lexie and finally got to share my passion for Hong Kong with the people I love.
Then somewhere in April (or May?), I had a really short break and headed to Krabi with the sister for some sea loving. I got a really cool accommodation...had the pool just steps away from my bed...and spent most of my time in the water. Cause I am such a sea baby, I took my country bumpkin sister island hopping around Phi Phi island and swim/snorkel. I really fell in love with Krabi and have plans of heading back :)
But of course my ultimo highlight was my 15-day adventure in Italia with Lauren and Jing.
Milan, Venice, Tuscany (Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano, Arezzo, San Giovanni), Vatican and Rome...we walked through them all till my soles were cobbled-beaten. I even managed to squeeze a football match between AS Roma (Totti!!) and Bologna at the majestic Stadio Olimpico. Oh...and Liz's wedding at the beautiful Villa Barberino at the Tuscan countryside. My, that was a great day.
Of course I got a lot of flak for taking a 2-week leave from work. I was told that in future, I couldnt take such a long leave. That got me really ruffled and immediately I felt so suffocated...chained with an iron ball at my feet. Still I had to be above my emotions and hung on.
Yes. It's just that but I felt that 'commandment' was the heaviest sentence to befall on me. Not that I was planning to go away for two weeks again every month but to know that I couldnt do it anymore made my heart ache so badly. I couldnt imagine not doing what I love most - to travel far and wide.
To not be able to go away after a period of being a rat in a sad rodent life (modern life is rubbish) is devastating. Four months after and I am still hurt. It undermined the euphoria I felt while in Italy. I felt angry upon return.
But I have let it past. At 32, I am less angry. I dont resign (myself to fate) but I have learnt to be diplomatic, pragmatic, elastic...fantastic..etc. I believe strongly in karma and I let God now do the judging.
So help me, God.
Love-wise...2012 must be one of the most boring years in that aspect. Sure, heart fluttered a few times but none was strong enough to turn into something else.
BUT it is okay. I have seen marriages rocky enough for me to stay away. Though I love the idea of a matrimonial union, I'm not the sort who grovel and bemoan of the lack thereof.
No...never the grovelling and clingy kind. What kind of love requires one to be like that anyway? Where pride goes on the line? Where you hang yourself out to dry?
Hah. Maybe that's why I am still single. Never take things serious enough to be beyond myself. Ah. It is okay.
So 2013. Just want to be happy. To do what I love. To get what I deserve. To feel what I am worth. All that constitute to being happy.
Oh...of course to spend time with my nieces and parents before they get too old.
Too old to hang out with their cool auntie. Too old to live.
Happy new year, my friend.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment