Wow...guess my last rambling took a bit of a toll.
Nothing much has happened. November issue has been closed and relief has seeped in. Not that it will last for long but right now, I'll take it.
It has been a while since I last talked about a movie, hasnt it? I remember I used to give in-depth (well, more than a line or two, that's for sure) review about movies which I had seen, complete with photos and quote-worthy dialogues. Remember those times? Weren't they great? Haha.
But things slowly stopped, yeah? Not that I find it trivial now but somehow, I cant be arsed anymore. Not that I have a bagful of readers anyway. Who am I? Hemmingway?
Pretentious.
Anyway, I saw a few movies lately - The Change-up, Real Steel and Midnight In Paris. Of all three, I enjoyed Real Steel the best. I couldnt even recall what possessed me to watch The Change-up in the first place. I should have known better.
Midnight In Paris was just a Woody Allen's indulgence. He should just stick to the heartaches in New York and not go all pretentious in France. Granted the storyline is good but it seemed like he was hell-bent in showing so many "famous faces" of the 1920s that he forgot to develop what he was so famously known for - witty dialogues and neurosis. The movie, like this blog entry, has so many beau geste but seriously lacks heart.
Monsieur Allen, qu'est-ce que vous faites?
Chi-chi.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment