Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lonely

The office was swept with KPop fever cause the MAMA came to town. It coincided with the issue that we're working on...January's K-Pop issue. We have been thinking about it for the past 3 months, only to be beaten by the local daily who ran a 2-page coverage on the Hallyu scene here a few days ago.

Not only that, a rival foreign magazine did their Dec issue in KPop fashion and damn...now we look like we're copycats. Urgh, the perils of a monthly!

Anyway I was never a fan of the Hallyu scene. I've never seen a Korean drama and my connection with Korean food comes in the form of a hotpot at Seoul Garden. Though I do have Arirang and KBS channels, they were untouched until one day, my niece introduced this silly but hilarious show called 'Oh! My School' to me.



I spent many nights laughing my ass off watching this dumb show. As I watched it, my knowledge of KPop stars widened a little. At least now I know some of their names, though not necessarily their music. Think it's one of the best variety show I've ever seen. Almost died laughing each time.

So anyway...it's MAMA today and Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre (DRE!!) were in town to be part of the event. Unbelievable. Dre's was there and I didnt even attend. What blasphemy. My favourite Hallyu commodity, B2ST (well...I know 2 of their members from Oh My School cause they are the permanent fixtures. Hence, familiarity) performed as well and ..urgh...they were good.

Guess that's what I got for being cheapo and refusing to pay to see B2ST and Dr Dre (and Snoop!) at the Indoor Stadium. Urgh. Next time.





Saranghaeyo Yoseob & B2ST!


...okay. ew.


###

No comments: