I'm not a Christian but Christmas time has always been kind of nostalgic for me in so many ways. It's during this time that the father has his bonus and growing up, it was the time we could go Orchard Road and buy something we really wanted. It was the time I could get pretty dresses, take pictures with Christmas decor and have a nice time.
Growing up, my first real job had me spinning Yuletide tunes during the season down at Rediffusion. I spent 2 Christmas there and I was the one always on duty then. I remember being alone and playing all the gospels and hymnns on the eve. The Xmas tree would be on my left and the room would be so festive and smelling of pine.
Good times. Life was so much simpler than.
For I am nothing but a postmodernist.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment