Monday, October 26, 2009

Almost gone

So yesterday was work day and I stayed in the office till about 1700hrs where the mother and sister then picked me up in a cab and we then headed to the Singapore General Hospital. The auntie was warded on Friday cause she had been awfully sick and was vomitting. Crap man. The mother visited her on Tuesday and though her speech was problematic, she still looked cheery. Then on Friday, things took a bad turn and she was sent to A&E. The mother was with with her and she said it looked bad. I, on the other hand, had stupid class to conduct and I couldnt be with her. If anything had happened that night, I would have burnt down my office.

Anyway, yeah. The auntie was all the more dazed on Friday, sicker and unable to express herself due to cancer encroaching her nerves, screwing up her motor and speech skills. I got the updates at night after work from the mother as I was trying to read the newspapers. Couldnt focus on what the heck I was reading after that.

So Saturday afternoon was spent at SGH. The uncle said that the wifey was much better that day. After being admitted, doctors gave her steroids and somehow that helped her neural cells (or whatsoever) and she could string logical sentences and all.

As SGH's stupid rule was to allow only 2 passes to visitors at the same time, the sister and I were stuck downstairs waiting for my other relatives to come down so that we could take turn. However, we did find a little flaw and by 1830hrs, there were quite a few of us by her side. Hah.

Oh one thing I must add. My uncle had the most horrible day yesterday. After admitting his wife at the hospital, news broke that his elder sister, who was based in Kota Tinggi Johor, had just passed away. Cancer, also. Wow. Imagine the feeling?

So in the evening the uncle decided to make his way to Johor alone as his sister would be buried on that very night itself. By the time he reached Johor, there was no more bus as it was near midnight. He then had to take a cab to the house...which cruised along dark roads. Anyway, by morning he was back in Singapore to tend to his son and wife. Gosh. Dear God, please give him the strength and patience. We're behind you, Cik Ni.

So at the end of the day, it was the mother, the sister, the cousin, the uncle and me by the bedside. We tried to keep the air light and breezy. I was getting dizzy looking at the busy traffic of nurses in the oncology unit. My...cancer is a really common, common thing. I think a ward at the end of the corridor is potentially having a fatal one cause many teary-eyed relatives were outside.

The mother said on Friday, one patient in the same room as my auntie passed away. Death is lurking at every corner, ya'll.

Then it was time to leave. Hugged and kissed all around. Could see the hesitance in the air. On her part..her hubby's...her son's...us.


God give them strength, health and patience.
Please.

No news today. Didnt visit her. I didnt even step out to catch some sun today. I just moped at home and prayed. That's all I did, really. Last night, I really pleaded and begged till my eyes went horribly swollen. Today, I just wanted to rot.

Oh.
Am nursing a brewing headache.
Horrible cough
Bad throat.
Maybe God is really swapping us.
Maybe He really hears me.
Here! Here!
I'm open.


P/S: The game sucked. Man U sucked. Football is a fucking stupid game anyway. And oh, if you havent talked to me for the longest time and suddenly you appeared to taunt my Man U loss, what the fuck man? Grow some balls. Why didnt you talk when you lost all those stupid games? Grow some balls and while you're at it, go fuck a midget.

P/P/S: For the first time, I am not interested in catching the latest of Grey's Anatomy. I read up on cancer recently and all those medical terms are still swimming in my head. I am in no mood to watch medical trauma and see/hear carcinoma in what ever shapes and sizes. Maybe later in the week.


###

No comments: