
I remember having a somewhat similar talk last year and well, the attendance was a dismal. For those who attended, thank you very much. So, I thought, that's it. no more.

But urgh holy mother cow batman spider, I have to do another one this year. Out of all the topics I could choose, I decided to do films. A wise decision? I dont know and frankly, what else?
Imagine how boring it would be if I were to talk about journalism or editing. It's just an hour talk so I guess, I can incorporate my European Cinema+Film Studies knowledge and condense them into an hour of power-pack presentation.
Power-pack, my ass.
Gah. Maybe no one will turn up.
Oh well.
...
On another note, I caught Ip Man 2 on Sunday evening and aaaaaaaaaaah, I love it I love it I love!
Sure, the nationalistic plot is cliched and the characters can get damn wooden sometimes, but...it's highly enjoyable. One thing I must comment: there were too many 360degree shots. Enough already. At one point, the camera was revolving too fast that the shot got out of focus. No, it was not meant to be blurry.
Anyhow, as I am biased (cause (1) I like HK shows and (2)gongfu shows rock my not-so-tight ass off), I'll tell you that Ip Man 1 and Ip Man 2 are one of the best action flicks I've seen. I like them so much, I'm going to add them on my "Favourite" list on Facebook.
Cause it's very important like that.
Okay. Shut up.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment