It's slightly past 5am and I am about to go to bed. After the disastrous England-Germany match at midnight, I decided to do my assignment marking. Expectedly, I fell asleep before I could take the sheets out of the bed. Still, I managed to set a 0230hr alarm for the Argentina-Mexico match before I passed out.
1.5hrs later the mother woke me up and said the father's fever was getting very bad. He had been sick for 2 days but at 0130hrs just now, he was barely coherent and was shivering badly. The mother wanted me to call the ambulance..or the uncles...whoever who got a car to help. I was like..."Why? Don't bother people..we can take a cab!"
After some commotion at void deck (father could still scold us in his incoherent state), we got into a cab at 0215hrs and headed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. The match too had started ...
...what? It's Argentina!
Anyway, while the mother waited outside, I accompanied the father for the various checks and I think the doctor said he got a high fever and some chest infection. He was pushed to a waiting room, waiting to be warded. The nurses said I could go home. They would inform me when he's eventually warded. We'll see how long.
The whole ordeal lasted 93mins. Just when the football match ended, we left the A&E.
I think the mother lacks a caring bone in her body. Either that, she is someone with a sense of tough love. At one point, she even suggested that I go hospital with the father while she stayed at home to sleep. She didnt look concerned at the hospital and continued chiding him for not taking care of himself. She went out the whole of Sunday knowing that he was sick. Scolded the father for not taking his meds when she got back. Argh!! The parents so deserved each other.
Pity the kids for not having enough love and concern in our lives. Pity us fools!
Hah.
Drama.
Okay. I have 2.5hrs to sleep before I meet the heartless office Hitler. I really hate my life right now.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment