Dear Ms Mona,
Time flies, and in the blink of an eye, two years have gone by and I have completed my A levels. The results were released today and I did quite well for my subjects ( History, Literature , Economics, Mathematics and General Paper) , and beyond anything I could ever have imagined for Economics.
I got an A for H2 Economics!!
An A for English Literature, History and General Paper.
I scored 88 points out of 90 points.
I could hardly believe my eyes when I first saw the result slip, and I have been trying to process that knowledge all night. The desktop clock reads 11:31pm , Friday Night. A normal clock moves in cycles, and that is a very befitting comparison when you consider how one grows as time goes by.
I used to hate Economics two years ago in 2010, thinking it to be a horrid subject with horrid content and beastly graphs that one would be hard pressed to make any sense of.
How times change.
Now, I've come to find that I appreciate Economics for what it is today in our lives, and perhaps even come to admire it. The issues of macroeconomics in striving to achieve efficiency in resource allocation and equity in income distribution covers areas as diverse as the efforts made by governments around the world to counter traffic congestion (an over-allocation of vehicles at any one time) and the numerous Occupy Protests all over the world. There is an ineffable beauty in being able to apply what you know from economic content to get more out of the articles that you read in the news everyday.
Thank you very very much for your encouragement and support, Ms Mona.. Up till today, I still remember what you said on Facebook; to strive on, but strive on with understanding and give it time, since not everyone takes to a new educational level like fish to water. Your efforts have made the late nights spent studying and the pain that little bit more bearable, and made the journey, as tough as it was at times, all that more comforting.
In the words of the newest MOE teaching commercial :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GETzOHRPqus
A teacher might not remember when he or she makes a difference.
A student will never forget.
Yours Sincerely,
Tng Kwang
.........................................
Dear Tng Kwang,
As I read your email, on a day which I had taken MC and was declared unfit for work, it put a huge smile on my face and made my day a little more cheery.
I dont know why you would still bother to remember me, considering our paths crossed only but for a short while. Nevertheless, I'm very glad you still have me in your thoughts and that you share your great news with me. I am touched, honoured and definitely happy to be able to know someone who is as grounded and sincere as you are.
I hope this piece of good news...this great result...means a lifetime of more fantastic things to come. Hopefully the course of your future is clearer now and that you have found, or at least figured a way to, the path of your dreams, and as long as you're willing to share it, I will always be here to read and feel your joy, your pain and your achievements.
Congratulations once again, TK. I bet your parents must be very proud of you, even if they didn't tell you. Have I child like you, I would be over the moon. So, have a good weekend. It's yours to rejoice.
Sharing your joy,
Mona
....
:)
Another sign I should go back to teaching.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment