Monday, August 03, 2009

Better be home soon

One of Ed's many sleeper hit favourites. I love this better than its counterpart, Don't Dream It's Over.

Crowded House, you rock, you emo fuckers.



Somewhere deep inside
Something's got a hold on you
And it's pushing me aside
See it stretch on forever

I know I'm right
For the first time in my life
That's why I tell you
You'd better be home soon

Stripping back the coats
Of lies and deception
Back to nothingness
Like a week in the desert

I know I'm right
For the first time in my life
That's why I tell you
You'd better be home soon

So don't say no, don't say nothing's wrong
Cos when you get back home maybe I'll be gone

It would cause me pain
If we were to end it
But I could start again
You can depend on it

I know I'm right
For the first time in my life
That's why I tell you
You'd better be home soon
That's why I tell you
You'd better be home soon


:)


My mad weekend was .. well .. maddening. I cant even remember what I did on Friday, if I had done anything at all. Saturday was the OPEN HOUSE day at work which saw me at work till 1730hrs. Then, A-Go-Go, J-Lo and I headed to Dempsey Hill where we chilled out for a while (hey, I remember writing this. Did I blog on Saturday?)

We headed to Pasta Brava at 1945hrs and Andrew's friend - Paula - joined us. Susan and Sean backed out last minute and I was glad I had my colleagues with me. Andrew and Nani came at about 2015hrs and Nani was surprised, of course. I think she's more surprised to see A-Go-Go and J-Lo than to see me. Still...I think overall we had a good time. Was surprised to witness how nice Paula was, considering she's hot and a TV personality and all. A-Go-Go, who was high (before 2000hrs! Tsk tsk!) even before dinner had to ask Paula a stupid question. Question like:


I like your hair. Where did you get it?


Doh, A-Go-Go.
She got it from a mama shop.

Heh, but like I said...overall, it was a great dinner.

JLo, A-Go-Go and I headed to chill at Boat Quay and I eventually got home at 0300hrs. Managed to sleep at 0500hrs...only to be awaken by the mother an hour later. By 0700hrs, I was already at Kallang Bahru, at my cousin's food stall. It was her wedding day and so the mother, bride's mother and I was up cooking some food at the stall to prepare for the reception at 1030hrs. It was the first time being in the stall kitchen. The mother has been working there for a few years now and yet, I've never stepped into the kitchen. That was also the very same food stall kitchen where my cousin's first hubby passed out and died many years ago. Think I was still with ShitNPee then and I did blog about it.

Oh well.
C'est la vie.

So the cousin decided to get married again. I am happy for her. Her hubby was her good friend back in school and they met each other again through my family. The thing is the groom's family was very close to mine. His dad was my religious teacher and we knew his family eversince I was..9. We would go to his house every night to learn the holy book. When my religious teacher died, we still manage to keep in contact. So somehow, the cousin and the old friend managed to find each other again and ...ah..love blossomed. Both found each other at the worst time in their lives - after a spouse demise and after a bitter divorce. Love does work in a mysterious way.

Relatives asked me when my turn would be. I just shrugged. What else can I say? I attended the cousin's first wedding when I was 5. 24 years later, I attended her wedding again. People couldnt wait for my marriage...they went ahead and got married again!


Oh well.
C'est la vie.

Dragged myself home at around 1400hrs even though the relatives were all lounging at my cousin's place. It was hot and I was sticky and EXTREMELY sleepy. Caught a bit of TV and a nap at home and then at about 1700hrs, I got to AMK Ave 3 with Meiling and we headed to Mellben for some crab loving. I was hungry as I did not eat much at the wedding. Seriously, if you know how certain foods are cooked, you wouldnt want to eat them either. Haha, kidding. I had a lot of grapes there and I just didnt fancy Malay wedding food. Besides, I was saving my stomach for crabs :)

Mentioning crabs, we had crab bee hoon, creamy butter crab and baby kailan with scallops.



We got our food at 1745hrs and wow, the next 1.5hrs was just blissful silence, apart from the constant shell-cracking sounds. Of course we then walked back to AMK Hub holding our stomachs in greed regret.

Oh well.
C'est la vie.

We hung around for a little while and I got home at 2030hrs...read papers and fell asleep in the living room 15 minutes later, all the way till this morning.

Weekend come and go in a blaze.
Next week, destination Tioman.


P/S: I feel guilty for going away during National Day. I have never missed watching the parade either live or on TV :(


###

No comments: