Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Loca

Last night I was up as usual doing my stuff – doing my work, surfing for inspiration and downloading illegally on the side. Time was 0300hrs and somehow, the system was running ridiculously slow. I wanted to go to this website but it was taking some time to load and so, I just collapsed on my side (I was on the floor) and decided to just lay down for a while.

 

Bad move. The next thing I knew it was 0700hrs and..and..and…Snow White the laptop was just…blank. Okay, so I then pushed the start button. Nothing. Okay, maybe the cable got short-circuited. I brought the laptop out to the kitchen and used the powerpoint there.

 

Nothing.I was beginning to get antsy. The computer was dead. With that, a part of me died. I became so upset I cried myself back to sleep. But not before surfing on my Motorola to troubleshoot. From what I gathered, I think my motherboard had crashed and burnt.

 

At 1215hrs, I stuffed the laptop into my backpack, rushed down to Funan and headed to my usual repair store. He said it was most likely that the motherboard went kaput and dissuaded me from trying to salvage it - “You better off buy new computer,” he said.

 

“But..but..my stuff?”

“I take out the hard disk for you, put it in a casing and then you can still retrieve it by using usb port.”

 

Then I headed back to the office…tried the hard disk and found out that I could only retrieve the applications and not all my video, picture, music and document folders. AAAAARRRGGHHH…good god holy batman beetlejuice!!!!!

 

So I moped the whole day. I also contemplated getting an Apple laptop…but realised it’s going to be a bitch paying for it. At 1900hrs, I went to Funan and got myself an Asus instead.

 

All my photos…my memories…the soundtracks of my life have been erased.

 

I am experiencing a cosmic eternal sunshine of a spotless mind and I am hating it.

 

Cheebs!

 

 

###

No comments: