Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Edge of glory

Almost 4 years ago, I had a stomachache on a Sunday, the eve of my first day of work in TooManyCracks. Haha, I managed to detect the entry and read it here.

Almost 4 years ago - July 30, 2007 - I started my journey with the current institution. I still remember my first day...my first boss, ScarFace, looked so intimidating. I remember being scared, uncomfortable (menses, bah!) and alone. I remember walking over to Raffles City's Starbucks and had Caramel Macchiato for lunch. That also started my 4-year affair with that drink. I remember things picking up cause I saw a former school mate working there too - Irda ("Idaho") - and things werent so bleak anymore.

I remember pace picked up speed and soon I was running from classroom to classroom, spreading words of wisdom to whoever who wanted to listen. I made friends, I played office politics and well, I won some, I lost some. For every praise I had from the management, there were other times I was called to be reprimanded. Some occasions it was my fault; my impatience, my sarcasm, my off-beat humour, my childlike-ness (fine, my childish-ness), my temper and my fuck-all political rebel attitude. Some times, it was uncalled for; bringing justice, voicing out opinions, speaking out for fellow colleagues or students.

Yes, I had my share of "alone-time" with the bosses.

Anyway..cut long story short....

IT'S MY LAST DAY AT THE SCHOOL TOMORROW.

I dont know if I should be happy or sad.


Bummer.


###

No comments: