Stupid 1:
- i should have gone with the gut instinct and say "Blackburn" instead of bloody "Newcastle". I forgot what was the question so dont bother asking me.
Stupid 2:
- why the hell did I hesitate? It was bloody Park Ji-Sung, lah! Korea named a place after him! ARGH!!!!!!!
Stupid 3:
- Sheesh. Shouldnt have mugged so much on the World Cup. Nothing came out.
Stupid 4:
- Brought camera containing last night's pictures to office...brought the wrong cable, instead. Brought the brother's Creative Zen cable instead.
Well well...
Obviously, we lost. But personally, it was a good defeat because (1) we didnt get trounced (2) we got 22 points (2 points behind..dammit) and not 8 points, like another group from Indonesia and (3) we were even the favourites at some points. Yeah we were leading the Malaysian Gunners ...right until the end.
Ting and I got Lee Sharpe as our team captain. Yes, Ting (also known as Ree-ly) was ecstatic. She even "picked" him up, hinting that she wanted to bring him to Zouk. Faint. He was a great help. I mean, although we didnt win the game because of him (it's true! he flopped 2 questions ... which Ting and I couldnt answer anyway), he did help us from suffering a further humiliation. I'm glad I could answer some questions. Ting, I'm sure you're glad too.
Host: Here's a cracking goal from Steve Carr! Now, tell me, who scored the goal?
(confering)
Mona: (to Sharpe) Carr..Stephen Carr. And he just mentioned the name!
Sharpe: Yep it's Steve Carr.
(answering)
Ting: (to host) It's Carr!
Sharpe: (to host) You mentioned it, mate!
Les Ferdinand: (shouting from the other side) That was great! You just gave them the answer!
...and the host went stunned/blank/dumbfounded for a while. On hindsight, maybe it was his way of helping the *ahem* girls. If it is so, it's very good acting. But well, he could have been too excited and accidentally blurted out the answer.
Haha. Dumb ass,
Anyway, after much fumblings from the host (who went crumbling after the Carr fiasco hahahah!), technical problems and much clapping from the audience (thanks guys for coming!), the recording was soon over.
Wubbie: I've got some more stuff to give away. Who can answer this...what position did Lee Sharpe play in *some team's name*?
Mona: 69!
...and Lee Sharpe turned around and gave me that "Why you..." look. Les Ferdinand was guffawing. The host gave Mona that shocked look.
Sharpe: (looking at Mona) Why, you! And you look like such nice decent girl!
...Right. Wrong girl, Sharpey.
Anyway...
I was skeptical about participating and i didnt think we could make to the second round either. i didnt want to miss work (surprise! surprise!) and the prospect of having to go through gut-crunching nervousness again in the next round scared the living daylights out of me. Yes, I hate defeat too much that I dont even want to be in the probability. But during the course of the game show, we were leading and i thought, "Wow...we can win this."
Then the opopnent burst the bubble
Oh well. It was a good match, right, Ting? Darn close, too. We did behave on TV...no curses and expletives and definitely no middle fingers. Although Sha said she could hear me lamely spouting "Shit!" and "Dammit!".
(Before the game show, an outdoor recording took place under the hot sun)
Mr Moving Visual: Girls, you have to speak up and be more aggressive and outspoken. (Points to Mona) You...I know you are demure, but be more aggressive.
Mona: (in most whiniest voice) But I'm not demure!
Mr Moving Visual: Can you girls sing some Man U cheer?
Mona: (to Ting) Shit...what cheer?
Ting: I dont know leh.
Mona: Okay we sing the Solskjaer cheer.
...Mona and Ting started to sing a couple of lines. Then guess what? It began to fucking rain!! Asshole!
All right, all right. Enough of the game show..which I made $150 out of it. I will try to stay away from football news for the next 3..fine, 2 (err..1?) days. no watching football these couple of days. I watched so much, expecially during the last couple of weeks, I wanted to smash the TV last Saturday. It didnt help that New Paper featured 6-10 football pages daily and reading and digesting all of them took almost an hour.
Ok.
Later.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment