On the 30th January 2007, I met Dear and CY at Café Cartel, Plaza Singapura. They then presented me with my birthday gift.
For the 2nd time coming!
I like!
Thank you ladies!
Then there was the first leg of the ASEAN Football Club with Adrian, Shuxiang, Vinz, Alfian and Caiying at the Kallang Stadium on January 31st. The walk to the arena was long and tedious. I had visions of pilgrims doing their Haj at Mecca!
Oh yeah..amidst a sea of red, I was wearing the white England jersey.
Gah!
Felt like Shrek sitting beside CY2!
Saturday was the JANUARY MOONIES’ BIRTHDAY @ a coffeeshop in Clementi. Though the location sounded dodgy, believe me, the company and the food weren’t. Must thank Susan for organising it.
Susan, the January babies thank you.
Took this first thing.
Thanks to Gracie than for wanting to pick me up from AMK.
Will have to wait for Mail for the rest of the pictures.
Anyway the reno is almost done..phew.
My room is done! Complete with ugly sheets. They will have to go.
Yeah…the kitchen is a sea of green. The last time I counted, there were 4 shades altogether. Great…not. But, sigh, you know how I have no say in all these, right? I cant even pass a bloody comment.
Oh well. Backdated entries aside.
Caught a movie last night with the 2 usual suspects.








THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND gave me a sense of déjà vu. Couldn’t decide between Hotel Rwanda or the West Timor trip last year, haha! Forest Whitaker’s portrayal of the real Ugandan dictator Idi Amin was so convincing, it was scary. Every heave and sigh was perfection. Everything falls into place.
[Hold on. Fifi called. Supper with him and Din? I want to sleep lah! And please, anti-social my ass.]
"You came to Africa to play the white man. But we aren't a game. We're real. This room is real. And when you die, it will be the first real thing you have done." (Idi Amin)
Based on a true story, TLKoS is told through the narration of a fictitious Scottish lad (James McAvoy). He looks familiar and afterwards I realise that he is Mr Tumnus from
"If you're afraid of death... it just shows you have a life worth keeping." (Nicholas Garrigan)
Anyway, TLKoS is a scary film. Not scary like the Saw franchise or those Jap-shit horror flicks. This is scary because it is very real and the unrest in Africa has been notoriously famous worldwide. It is also real in the sense how people who look at the issues from the outside feel they can make light of things and begin to meddle. I love this movie because one of my favourite topics of all times is involved – politics.
Dirty, scheming and bloody.
Politics, for you.
School was a challenge today. In fact, every Thursday IS a challenge because it is when I have lessons back to back…with only 1 miserable break in the middle. And that break is usually taken up by lesson prep. Did a lot of talking today. Told them my stories (I seem to have a lot of stories. Wah!) and entertained some with ghost stories (real and otherwise).
As usual, I encountered a few fucked up jokers who would just make my life miserable. There was this Sec 2 boy who came into my last class (a Sec 1 class), started calling me names and cursed at me for no reason. Ah I remember this boy. I relieved his class last year and he was one sad fucker.
He came barging into the classroom because he was close to one of my students. I told him to get out and got really pissed off. Sensing my royal pissdom (not good for kids cause they were afraid I wouldn’t let them go home), my students began to scream at him to get out. Wah syiok. I got back-up. Joker still stood there. I gave him one last warning.
Silence.
Joker walked out.
Then everything went back to normal.
I love normal technical students. So understanding.
Hahaha.
I know I know. I shouldn’t say that. But it did come out and you know what they say about words. You cant swallow them back. Hah, shit happens.
Man.
I really need to control my violent temper.
Later.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment