Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tonight, not again

"Ooh, it gets dark
It gets lonely
On the other side from you
I pine a lot
I find the lot
Falls through without you
I'm coming back, love
Cruel Heathcliff, my one dream
My only master

Too long I roamed in the night
I'm coming back to his side, to put it right
I'm coming home to wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights"


I am tired but am delightfully pleased with myself. Of course, I am extremely thankful with God, for granting me this day.

But first, let's recap Monday.

Monday saw me all tired and nervous. After the morning class, I was like on the edge, out of nervousness. My school was to be validated by a UK university on Tuesday and today, one representative was with us to prep us up. It was nerve wrecking as we created a possible scenario and came up with possible solutions to probable queries.

In the evening, my 3 big bosses and I went to the Pan Pacific hotel to meet all the UK delegates. We then brought them to Esplanade for dinner, at the No Signboard seafood restaurant.

By the way, it's a bit weird to meet and make merry before the huge-ass meeting/validation the next day. Ah, makan kau.




Remember on Sunday I had crabs with Nani?
I had crabs with those people again on Monday!

The dinner went fine. I didnt freeze up, in fact I think I fared quite well mingling and chatting with them. Dinner ended really late at 2300hrs and I was wiped out. It was nearing my birthday and there I was roaming City Hall, making my way home.

I fell asleep at midnight...in my dirty clothes.
On the floor.
Happy birthday myself.



Tuesday 20th felt like a good day. So good that I went to work late, but happy. Good vibes all around, people. The meeting started at 10000hrs and it lasted till 1500hrs. The delegates also interviewed my students and they were impressed to see the students so motivated and enthusiastic. We had prepped them well hahaha. But thanks guys...your presence was much appreciated.

The Mass Comm colleagues did a mini celebration and they gave me some gifts. Aww...bless those people.






The day went pleasantly. The UK delegates were impressed with our documents and proposal and agreed to let my school run their BA (Hons) in Mass Comm locally. I was ecstatic, okay. That means a lot of things:

1. I still have a job for at least 2 more years (provided I dont quit)
2. I will have one more university up in my resume (besides Monash U)
3. I can teach European Cinema, Intro to Screen Theories and Film Production at Diploma level
4. I can teach Journalism (in its purest form!) and Film in the Global Age at uni level
5. I get to make my own textbooks.

:)

On top of that, the UK panel and my bosses sang me a birthday song in the conference room. That was nice...but EXTREMELY weird. Very.

Met Meiling at Newton Circus for my birthday dinner after that. Sharinah couldnt make it cause her future mother-in-law passed away on Sunday and there was some tahlil going on I think. Anyway, Meiling and I headed to our usual stall and ordered from our usual "friend". We had black pepper crab this time cause I had chilli crab for the past 2 days.




Pure madness.
Gonna stay off crabs for at least ... a week.

Meiling and I walked up Cairnhill area to just soothe the tightness in our tummies. The walk didnt last long cause 15 minutes later, we hopped into a cab cause I had a tummy ache.

Got home really early at around 2015hrs. I was dead beat. The validation had taken a toll as I had been at it since last July. Showered and parked myself infront of TV to wait for Obama's inauguration and the Man U match. Didnt last through both; falling in and out of sleep on the couch till 0600hrs.

That's how you turn 29, ya'll...my style.

...

To those who had wished me all the lovely birthday wishes, thank you. Thank you for taking the time to spend and share a little happiness with me. To those who didnt (especially those whom I celebrate their big days year in and out without fail), you better come up with a valid excuse...like you were delirious with fever till you forgot about the date or you were busy cleaning your house for the Chinese New Year.

Tough love, people.
Tough love.


###

No comments: