Friday, June 05, 2009

Diamonds on the soles of her shoes

Well well well it's almost 0400hrs and what have we got here?

Work has gone all bat shit crazy on me as I churn chapters after chapters, books after books. I'm done putting Global Culture and News Writing together and tomorrow, I'm embarking on my third book, European Films. It seems impossible right now because unlike the other two which I had spent a good amount of time studying/specialising as a student, I didnt really specialise in European cinema.

I did study films as my elective back in uni...but never so in-depth into the Euro realm. Thank God I did teach Monash's Screen Theories and my Diploma's Film Studies ... I guess, that will help.

I realise this blog no longer chronicles my life as vividly as before. This is only because I am going ape, no thanks to work. I have been getting re-acquainted with the bedroom floor, as I collapsed into a fucking deep slumber before I could even reach my bed; before taking showers even. Dirty, I know.

These past few weeks saw me falling asleep on the computer, newspapers, while sitting on my throne (toilet bowl), while drinking...Why do people work and drain themselves out like this? It's inhumane.

I miss my outdoors. I cant even find my running shoes. Two weeks ago I played badminton in my Jack Purcell and my toes hurt like fuck. Sad is life haha.

Anyway, I caught Shakespeare in the Park's Much Ado About Nothing last week at Fort Canning and I really liked it. The downpour added character to the whole experience too. Feeling artistic and chi-chi, I wanted to continue being an enthusiast and was looking forward to my next Art Fest performance by the Ladysmith Black Mambazo on the 14th of June. Sadly, tickets are all sold out.

Sigh. I've waited since Graceland for this.
Dammit. Should have bought it straight away.






I guess I have to make my own African music in my dream. I need to get starting now.

A thousand times goodnight, nature boy.


P/S: There's single seats with restricted view @ $60 ... should I?

###

No comments: