Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here comes the hotstepper

Bought mixed fruits and ..er..sushi for lunch. A note to supermarkets: Please have more variety at your sushi counter. Spare a thought for those who dont like seaweed, wasabi, salmon and squid. Hah, I just listed out all the essential ingredients in Jap food, right? Dammit. I am a sucker for inari lah.

...seaweed, wasabi, salmon and squid.

Apart from wasabi, i have no idea how did i develop an appetite block for the 3 's' food. The mother used to say I love eating squid when I was young. She said I ate seaweed also. Now, hold up. I remember eating some stupid sotong and enjoying it when I was younger but I never remember enjoying eating seaweed. I just cannot put the thing in my mouth.

The smell is overpowering and it tastes horrible. Squid (cuttlefish, calamari and all) tastes like rubber and when I was growing up, I realised it had a smell. Na-uh.

I remember going to Susan's place a decade ago and she gave us a plate of yummy looking fried balls. So, Lauren and I ate happily thinking it was fish ball. As expected, they werent fish balls..squid balls instead. The joy turned to disgust, man. It's all psychological.

Few days ago, someone asked me this:

Friend: Eh, what will happen if you actually eat a sotong?
Ed: I'll avoid it lah..
Friend: No..like accidentally?
Ed: Shit man..I'll get depressed.


For real.

As for salmon, bad experiences, man. I've tasted bad ones and they tasted like sewage. Salmon also has a certain smell. I need my food to smell good, dammit.

Anyway. if you want to kill me, this is what you should do.

1. Get raw salmon (sashimi).
2. Wrap it around a squid ball.
3. Put seaweed around this horrid creation.
4. Slather wasabi on it.
5. Put it in my mouth when I am asleep or unconscious (cause if I am awake, I'll kick you to Siberia)
6. Voila...I will never get up.


...

This is totally mindless.


###

No comments: