Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Ride with me

The colleague just came back from his holidays and said that Nepal was a no-go. He wanted to go to Kathmandu but he said the political condition wasnt really very good and he went to Sikkim instead.
 
Yay. At least I dont have to feel bad about not being able to go to Nepal.
 
You see, Meiling and I planned to go to Hanoi during the CNY week but my Viet friends said it would be a bad time to go cause the city would be quiet as everyone would have gone back to hometown. Then our alternative destination was Nepal cause Meiling wanted to go to a cold place (and she just came back from Denmark/Norway. Sheesh!) and I wanted to say hello to Mt Everest. However, after her Scandinavian escapade, our dear friend got broke and we had to scrap my Sherpa dream. So right now...we are deliberating between Chiangmai/Chiangrai and ..ah...good old Perth.
 
I do like the mountains, eco-tourism and all but ...it's Perth.
And I want to visit Mt Lawley and the university.
 
 
###

No comments: