Monday, November 23, 2009

Taking chances

I was just done with one task (yes, just one!) 10 minutes ago and I had been working on it since 1000hrs in the morning. A lot documentation stuff for my new university programme.
 
On Wednesday, I will be conducting a talk open to the public. My mind is in a whirl I cant remember what am I going talk about. Something about media (well what else) and globalisation and stuff. You guys are free to come down to my school at 1900hrs okay? It will be great to see familiar faces though...compared to seeing the scrutinising public eyes. I hope I dont suck so bad.
 
Quite pissed for being chosen actually because I felt that I am not so worthy to give a speech. I mean...come on, who am I? I have give and take about 10 years of working experience only (and that includes all the weird odd jobs here and there) and man...what if the audience has like..30 years of job experience. I will probably just stating the obvious.
 
Plus, I have to tone down the way I speak cause in my  classes, it's always about political stuff. I am restraining myself from touching politics this Wednesday so as to protect my ass. I wanted to talk about films cause that's what I am really into but it's too niche for the public, said the sales+marketing peeps. I wanted to talk about the evolution of literary and liberal arts(modern/postmodern) and again, the peeps said no.
 
"Make it as general as possible," they said.
 
If it's so general....why wouldnt you know it?
 
Oh well.
I am so tired and it is only Monday.
 
So what if it's a short week and a long weekend for me (took leave on Monday)? It's the thought of getting through the 4-day week that is taxing. I have 2 more books to write, 3 more lessons to prepare, 3 more classes to teach, 1 freaking book review for the academic journal (why? why? I dont read academic book for leisure, okay!!) 1 public talk and endless admin/documentation work regarding the new uni programe to be completed.
 
I should just go "korban" (sacrifice) with the kambings this Hari Raya Haji.
At least they seem to have a more purposeful life.
 
 
P/S: I love me some Hari Raya Haji (Eid-ul-Adha) celebration. It's less indulgent than Hari Raya Puasa (Eid-ul-Fitri), more meaningful and there's no fasting :)
 
 
###

No comments: