Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We are golden

My eyes are going to fail me soon. Each day they get more and more blurry. Think it's time to change the speckies. Argh. I just want to see how long more before I go blind. Er..okay, I take that back. Ampun Tuhan. I dont want to go blind. Acah ajer.
 
Am having Nescafe Frappe and hot tea at the same time because my KFC breakfast of twister wrap and tea comes with a free Frappe (some card promotion thing). Must drink tea before it turns cold...must drink coffee before all the ice cubes melt and the coffee becomes..bleurgh yeech...lukewarm. Am really having a weird-out time thinking which one to sip next. And no, I am not letting one of them go to waste. It's $4.90!
 
Listen to you, Ed!
It's less than $5!
 
*shut up, Voice!"
 
As you read earlier, my usual breakfast is the $1.40 porridge/youtiao from Old Chang Kee. I was too embarrassed to get them today because it's always the same person serving me. Today, I told myself not to be a cheapo and go for something else. Serves me right. The Fraape/tea will soon give me a stomachache and my "expensive" breakfast will all be literally flushed away.
 
Ed, tomorrow is the public lecture.
You should be panicking.
 
*shut up, Voice"
 
Sorry, am having a schizophreniac morning as you can see/read. It's the Frappe/tea talking.
 
I just found out that the yam paste dessert (orh nee), in some eateries, has lard in it. I am devastated. Why must they put lard in all these food? Why cant you stick to a healthier, "universal" choice? Not that I'll eat it outside but I just hate the thought that next time, if I feel like eating it, I have to make sure that there's no lard in it. It's freaking yam paste! What if a vegetarian/Muslim/Jew wants to eat it? *grumbles*grumbles*
 
I wanted to pen something...but I forgot what it was.
Thinks hard.
..
..
..
 
Oh I remember. I just wanted to say that US dollar is plummeting and wow, it's a good time to travel there or to buy the currency. I mean, who are we kidding, it will go up eventually but we dont know when right? Maybe I will go get ("get" hahahha") me some Benjamins next week, you know..just to start in this currency exchange trivial pursuit. I guess, that will be my savings from now on. All my savings will be converted to US dollars and I will keep them under my pilow. I cant put it in my POSB account, right? So under the pillow, they shall be.
 
And one more thing, the price of gold is bloody soaring. I have stopped dabbling in gold and in China markets because I realised I dont have money to do it anymore. It's funny that I used to do all these investment/insurance nonsense when I was younger and poorer. Now that I am older, I realise...fuck it. I  need my money for my daily survival. What can I say...I am not a planner. I live for today. That, my friend, is something I really need to look at. I dont want to be old and penniless. :(
 
Back to gold, I think I should start investing in again. Diamonds, pearls, etc, are nice to have but ultimately they have no stock value. It's the gaudy old gold which eventually can make you a fortune. Think I need to get myself to UOB (or is it OUB? Argh!) and open an account with them. This bank is the only one in Singapore which deals with gold investment...the buying and selling of cold, hard gold bars. Maybe I should rope the mother in this investment...knowing her obsession with gold.
 
Okay that's it. I will start dabbling in gold next year.
Maybe in two years' time, you guys can join me and roll around on my mountain of gold.
 
 
P/S: I am a new GLEE geek.. Gleek!
 
 
###

No comments: