Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Working my way back to you

Ewok saw me eating brunch and she went ballistic knowing that it was overnight food. She went on and on saying that it's not good and all. I was arguing that I had no qualms with that as long as it hadnt gone bad. It's just rice with soup, for fuck sake.

I grew up like this. We used to eat the same food for lunch, dinner and the next day's breakfast. Maybe there's nothing else to eat or because the mother was working and so we were left to eat whatever's there. Usually last time, it's just rice and a dish...nothing fancy.

So yes, I find there's nothing wrong. Of course it's unhealthy but hey...I am not having it everyday. The mother decided to cook last night (which is a rare occassion) and I find it a waste if it's thrown unfinished. So...yeah.

Maybe...it's just a Malay kampong thing. Afterall, you can take a girl out of a kampong, but you cant take the kampong out of a girl.


P/S: I was so pissed with Ewok I actually said, ''Fine! We'll see who die first!''


###

No comments: