This blog is almost going down the way of the dodo birds.
If that's the case, it's going to be a sad day for all.
I'll no longer have a creative outlet (well...somewhat. come on!)and I should quit calling myself la boheme. Already I have stopped writing short stories, vignettes, poetry, haikus, sonnets (ahem!) and from the look of it, blog entries will eventually ceased. I have even stopped penning bawdy, ribald pseudo-drunk Irish hoedowns. I am this close to not writing anything. That's sad. Writing emails to The Gulag might just be the only form of writing left. And that's horribly fucked up.
Some people say that writing a blog is a "working-man's unpolished way of being creative". Well, call it what you want but to write something somewhere is better than not to write at all. There are some people ("purists" they claim) who say that blogging is just attention-seeking and is soulless. Yeah, I'm sure Shakespeare didnt do it for the money and fame, eh? These people are like those members of the Dogme 1995 movement. Self-righteous. Pooh. I rather fuck an agnostic than a self-righteous person. Er..hmm.
Where was I? Ah, self-righteous people who consider blogging as a journalistic blasphemy. The point here is...fuck these self-righteous pricks.
I dont know what kind of a rotten person I have become. I dont like know-it-alls. I dont like people preaching of anything. I dont like people who speak of their joy or misery incessantly. I dont do the whole share-and-care nonsense because at the end of the day, people expect predictable answers from you. They dont need a different opinion, they just want you to agree with theirs. I dont want answers for every question I pose. Sometimes, the truth lies in the wind, or in the ambiguity of the situation. People shouldnt have to say to anything. If there's nothing to say, then dont. The world is a noisy place as it is already.
Writing doesnt make much noise.
Why cant people just write?
So yeah, I've reached a dilemma. As an educator, how can I not preach and just ... teach? How do I make sure that the things I say are not indulgent and yet, passionate? How do I make sure that I dont fall into that self-righteous educator category? Cause by God (my God...and I dont care what/who your God is), being self-righteous is disgusting.
Abstinence good, sex bad
Work good, play bad
Frugal good, spendthrift bad
Religious good, hedonism bad
Heterosexuality good, homosexuality bad
Marriage good, cohabitation bad
Pregnancy good, abortion bad
You know what, let people lead their own lives. Share your experiences and thoughts, if you will but dont impose. We all have our own beliefs, in one way or another. Who are we to judge?
So Ed, share the experience and thoughts.
Do not impose your views.
Let these students make their own choices.
“Teachers teach more by what they are than by what they say,” some say. It wont help if I'm self-righteous. So stop me, if I show signs that I am.
Love.
P/S: I just wanted to write something to tell you that I am still alive (though barely). See what this entry has since evolved into? An entry of nothing. A rambling of nothing...of epic Seinfeld-proportion. Oh well.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment