Got back about 2 hours ago from Stereolab. Rae managed to get us in for the Time Out birthday party and well, nice place. Music's not bad but I guess I was tired also. Before that, we three caught the Kumar show at the Esplanade.

We caught the matinee performance. The show started at about 1500hrs and it was over around 1.5 hours later. It was short, definitely. Though there were some funny shit, I felt some parts were quite contrived. Maybe those were the parts written by Miyagi. Anyway, I was quite a fan of Kumar and followed him since the days of The Rara Show (RA! RA!) during my Sec 1 days (Liah and I rushed to MediaCorp in our school uniform!) and when I turned legal, I went to the Boom Boom Room countless of times. After that, I occasionally caught him performing at odd places here and there and sadly, I think many of his jokes had been rehashed ad nauseum. Like the political jokes...predictable, man.
But you know, when Kumar talked about himself, his family and his life, that's when the magic happened. Flashes of brilliance, man.


So yeah...that's my Saturday. Yesterday was a hectic day with class in the morning and working at the education/career fair from 1430hrs to 2000hrs. Could barely walk after that.
.....
Let's recap interesting things happened last few days.
On Thursday 25th Feb, the students organised a little belated birthday thingy for Irda. Kinda sweet, though. Haha.




The following day, a few of the students dragged me out after work for lo hei. It was the first time after many years, man. Think the last time I had it was at ShitNPee. Anyway, I managed to drag Abbie along. Being a Filipino, she found the tossing of raw salmon salad quite interesting.








We adjourned to MOF @ Raffles City for more dessert-loving after that. And you know what, after a crazy Friday at work, stuff like these - food tossing and ice cream - made things a-okay.




27th Feb saw me heading to Clara's place after work. Managed to buy a birthday cake and ..haha..yusheng thingy again for us to lo hei. Liah and bf soon came and then, we set off to Weiling's place at Sembawang.










Hahah! Check out the following clips where we tossed the fish and salad...and oh, all those wishes!
When Clara's bf came, we did the cake cutting for Weiling and Clara. Welcome to the World of 30, ladies.








The following day, Sunday 28th Feb, the brother, sister-in-law and the nieces came to AMK and we had dinner at Charco's. I guess it was an early birthday dinner for the mother. Ribs!




And with that...February ended.
Grrr.
........
It's 15 minutes past 5am on a Sunday and Joaquin Phoenix is still singing as Johnny Cash (I love Johnny Cash, by the way!) on TV. I need to be at Suntect at 1500hrs later because of my career/education fair duty. Rememer? I have to be there till 2000hrs and thus, I'll have to miss Paramore concert, remember? Dammit.
Later.
More on what March has brought.
P/S: Caught Alice In Wonderland just now and I liked it. It's less morbid compared to other Burton fare and the lead, Alice, was stiffly characterised, but...you know, overall, it was generally all right. Of course we have Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter to thank for. Saviours. Off with their heads...not.
P/P/S: I know, I know...the picture quality is not very good here in this blog. But hey...my phone has a sucky camera but I dont have money to buy an actual camera. Hah.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment