Saturday, March 22, 2008

Megalomaniac

It's a very Good Friday and I thank God (no biblical connotations) for allowing me this day because I can wake up when the sun shines its glare right down my pale face. It stings my eyes but well...it beats having the 2 3 4 alarm clocks ringing in my ears.

Last night after work, Lauren and I headed down to Cineleisure. I managed to drag her to catch Jack Black's latest offering. Definitely a clever move hahahahaha.









After watching Death at a Funeral last year, I didnt expect I can find a movie which almost made me pee (and shit) in my pants out of hilarity and absurdity. But lo and behold!

BE KIND REWIND was totally nasty! In a cramp-inducing, thigh slapping, forehead slapping kind of way.

The plot is unbelievable of course. Come on, a man gets electrocuted and then he walks into a video store and he magnetises all the tapes, erasing the contents. Customers walk in to demand a tape, man and store keeper has to re-enact the wiped-out movies. It's like every film maker's dream come true, man...to re-enact Ghostbusters and classic King Kong!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jerry: Listen to me. I need to you say the line. I need you to say "I will piss on the bones of your ancestors" ...
Mike: No, no! That's not in the movie!
Jerry: This is the next Lion King. This is Part II.

...

Mike: [holding the Ghost Busters tape] I'll be Bill Murray and you'll be everyone else.

...

Jerry: [sung, poorly, to the tune of the Ghostbusters theme song] When you're walkin' down the street...
Jerry: [singing] ... and you see a little ghost...
Jerry: [singing] ... whatcha gonna do about -
[more out of tune]
Jerry: Ghostbusters?
Mike: What? What is that?
Jerry: That's the Ghostbusters theme song.
Mike: No.
Jerry: I'm pretty sure it is.

...

Jerry: I will shoot you. And I know robot karate!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


When Jack Black and Mos Def were doing the Rush Hour 2, I almost died. It was hilarious - "Chinese bamboo...very strong!"

BE KIND REWIND will be an extra hoot to film fans. Being able to identify with the various sweded movies is enjoyable, almost to the point of hysterical. There is also a little tribute to the Italian fare Cinema Paradiso right at the end...and that's sweet! Anyway, I dont think I can enjoy watching the original Ghostbusters and Rush Hour. WHy...these improved and compressed versions (20 mins each!) are much better!!!

So yeah. If you are looking for a side-splitting, migraine-inducing, nightmare-instigating humour, watch BE KIND REWIND. If you are willing to sponsor, I will watch it again with you and I'll throw in loud guffaws.

Heh.
Heh.
Heh.


Talking about side-splitting humour, I had another round of epidural-like, laugh-your-ass-off session just now with Jeslyn, Qiqi and Yay-bel. We headed to Apollo Centre around 1400hrs; to Cash Studio, where we sang our heads off. Jes and Qiqi sang their standard SHE, Jay Chou (huo huo huo huo huo huo huo huo!!) and FIR stuff while Yay-bel and I were far more adventurous and attempted those with almost satanic screams a la chicken begging for mercy before being sent to KFC.


"Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate
The lives of everyone you know
And what's the worst you take
From every heart you break
And like the blade you stain
Well I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and good night
So long and good night"
(Helena, My Chemical Romance)


It was gila babi, lah!

Headed off to Chinatown after that cause I was craving for the mango-pomelo dessert. Qiqi left after that, leaving the three of us to continue walking to The Cannery where we parked ourselves at Coffee Club and sat there for almost 2 hours. Then, we headed to Boat Quay and ended up by the river opposite IndoChine. At about 2145hrs, we all decided to call it a day.


That's it.
Friday's gone.


My NPCC girls are having their CampCraft competition tomorrow and the bus is leaving at 0700hrs. Exactly! What an unlikely hour! That also means, I have to meet Meiling at 0615hrs and we then shall have to make our way to Yishun. Need to lug Snow White too cause I have work at 1300hrs.

Mentioning work, tomorrow is the start of a new lesson for my part-time Diploma class. Yeah, this class has only 1 student though and if he decides not to show up, I will basically talk to myself about the wonders of creative writing.

I have been getting a lot of job emails lately, many seeking writers, editors and copywriters. Some offers look so good and I wonder what it would be like to take them up.

I admit, as much as I like being a bloody academic, I kind of miss the creativity of being in the industry; the eccentricities and the liberty of being expressive. Not that I cant be an eccentric lecturer (they'll just call me "cuckoo") or an expressive one, it is different when you are out in the industry. You dont really feel like a freak cause your colleagues are equally "artistic" and freaky. Hahaha.

So yeah...I miss being in the media. The fact that this industry isnt exactly kind to the "non-youths" makes it all the more depressing cause my youth is slowly slipping out my short stubby fingers.

Come back o youth!


..
..


Awrite. Many things to say cause I have many things convoluted in my brain. But, think it's time I get out of here and be more "productive" elsewhere. Wait, it's already 0400hrs. Screw preparing for class already. I'm heading to bed. Need to wake up in 2 hours' time.


A thousand time goodnight, devil children.


P/S: O spare me, please. Dont drag me into this mess. I have never said anything these past 10 years and I definitely dont want to say anything now. Why cant we all just pray for the best? Spare me the drama.

P/P/S: Right now, relationships put me off.


###

No comments: