I am tired.
That's an understatement.
But then, I asked for it, right?
Friday caught a show with the guys after work.








STEP UP 2: The Streets is just like any other dancing movie - it's not that great but entertaining nevertheless. And anything that has Channing Tatum dancing and sweating his stuff (even though he's just a cameo here) is good for me. That white boy sure can dance. Ok...gymnastics, rather.
For that, I'll ignore the laughable script.
xxxxxxxxxx
Smiles: Yeah, they wanted me to fix my teeth.
Jenny Kido: I like you teeth!
Smiles: Thanks, I like your accent.
Jenny Kido: What accent?
Smiles: That accent you got... You have an accent.
...
Tuck: Yo, why my crib smell like funyuns, broccoli and ball sweat?
...
Andie: I remember the first time I saw someone move like they were from another planet, I couldn't keep my eyes away. I was little mom took me to a jam session in the neighborhood, it started off small but word spread and soon some of the best dancers around were showing up to compete in something they eventually called the streets. It became home, I got a front row seat to history. I wanted to glide and spin and fly like they did, but it didn't come easy. My mom would tell me don't give up, just be you, because life's too short to be anybody else. She was right. When I was 16 my mom got sick and in a couple months she was gone. Everything changed, including the streets.
xxxxxxxxxx
Right. They should just talk less and dance more!!
I actually prefer Step Up 1 but haiyah, it doesnt matter. The choreography in this new one is sick. I was like, "No! That's not humanely possible!" and I was just referring to the part where they danced in the rain, supposedly on the tarred road. You cannot do that without injuring yourself, bitches.
STEP UP 2: The Streets is typical and it can get a little painful with all the standard stereotypes thrown in for good measure - the sexy mami chulo, the language-handicapped Asian, the thuggish blacks and all. It also looks like it's made by ambitious white people who want to claim the streets, ya'll. I mean...white people own the malls...but the streets now? Really?
But but but, honest to goodness, the dancing is sizzling mad. I wanted to break out into some manic freestyle there and then (midnight @ AMK Hub's Cathay) but we know that's probably a disgusting sight. Yeah, I am a wannabe street dancer... because I (can) dance like a Red Indian on speed. And they dont do that in clubs.
Shall just keep it till the next day...
Saturday.
Woke up late and had to cab down to Arab Street to meet my author. We didnt lunch at Hajah Maimunah this time, opting to have Nasi Briyani across the former instead. Chatted quite a bit before proceeding to our standard post lunch place at Raffles Hospital Ya Kun. Discussed about the books, he paid me and all was swell.
Walked around Golden Landmark in the hot afternoon sun after that to look for cheap airfares. Didnt find any so I took a bus to Chinatown and yeah..got it.
$1760 to JFK Airport on Etihad Airways.
Etihad pun Etihad lah, even if it means I have to transit at Abu Dhabi for a little while. Comfort myself that I am stepping into the biblical middle eastern soil even though it's just for a while.
Went over to People's Park and of all things...to do my nails. Since the menses are here, I decided, well, I cant pray anyway so yeah, let's paint nails. At 1830hrs, rushed down to Somerset to meet the ex-students: Yay-bel, Qiqi, Jeslyn. We went to the Sakura buffet and ate myself silly, thanks to the unlimited mussels and scallops.
By 0945hrs, we were outside OBar waiting for Doraemon. We went in quite early and well, we were there before the place got god damn packed. The rest was of course history and as expected, nights at OBar almost always end up with a bloody brawl. This time round, it seemed like there were a million cops outside. And oh..2 ambulances. It's crazy.
And Sunday.
Sunday bloody Sunday.
Cant believe that I could actually be in town at 1115hrs when I just went to bed at 0600hrs. Nani and I went to KBox and did the stuff. I had a splitting headache from the loud music but well, it did go away momentarily when I held the microphone in my hand muahahahaha. Ended at 1400hrs, we split and headed to HMV to buy stuff for (sigh) work. Then it was to Paragon Metro where I parked myself at the Osim Corner to have my back messaged. I chose the "High intensity" option and almost keeled over and died. Sakit, siol!
So yeah. Window shopped and got meself ... power juice to cure my headache. I was looking for Oxford heels but couldnt see any nice ones. Been wanting these for the longest of time! I saw some tacky ones with heels as high as the sky. Dumbass, how to wear?

Yeah, like my NPCC boots, only with heels.
If I could make these myself, I would.
I mean...
If I could get the mother to make them for me, I would.
Got home around 2030hrs, showered, read the papers and fell asleep at 2200hrs only to wake up 5 hours later.
Here I am.
Bloody.
And attempting to do work.
Attempt fail.
Shall go read GLAMOUR and my beloved ELLE instead.
I shall dream of that black-white Oxfords later again.
Who needs love (and sex) when you are busy with the quest of finding the perfect shoes?
A thousand times goodnight, clacketty-clackers!
###
No comments:
Post a Comment