Friday, March 21, 2008

Music of my heart

Cold, cold water surrounds me now
And all I've got is your hand
Lord, can you hear me now?
Lord, can you hear me now?
Lord, can you hear me now,
Or am I lost?

No one's daughter allow me that
And I can't let go of your hand
Lord, can you hear me now?
Lord, can you hear me now?
Lord, can you hear me now?
or am I lost?

Oooo, I love you
Don’t you know I love you
And I always have
Hallelujah
Will you come with me?



Things have been bugging me these past few days. Not only that, work has been shiteous also. Then, not soon before long, this long weekend will be over. Wait, what am I talking about? I am working tomorrow (Sat).

What long weekend?

Sharinah was hospitalised last Sunday. Girlfriend had fever and bronchitis and then, anxiety attack. It doesnt seem to look like a good year for gf so far. Let's hope things will take a turn for the better soon.


Laughter is always the best medicine.
Sometimes, letting something go is the best thing you could have ever done.

Oh well.
Please take care of your health, people.


Anyway anyway...


Tuesday saw me flying down to Yishun after work to meet Meiling. We rushed down to the dingy Yishun 10 to catch a show. Though the place was dubious, the movie was a breath of fresh air...and tears.






AUGUST RUSH screams "Likeable!" and although the plot almost wholesale-y borrows Dickens' Oliver Twist and the openers are slightly cheesy, the film progresses well and and pacy.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

August Rush: It's like someone's calling out to me, only some of us can hear it.
Wizard: Only some of us are listening.

...

Hope: You remember how you said Mozart was a musical prod?
Reverend James: Prodigy.
Hope: Yeah, well, I've got one of those and he's living under my bed!

...

August Rush: I believe in music the way some people believe in fairy tales. But I hear it came from my mother and father. Once upon a time, they fell in love.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


It's very hard not to fall in love with Freddie Highmore in August Rush. He is the perfect Oliver Twist and there's a shade of Haley Joel Osment (pre-alcoholic days) in him. It seems to be his time too, with Spiderwick Chronicles in the theatres at the same time. He has been in many good films, this boy - Charlie and the Choc Factory, Finding Neverland, Chronicles and this. Of course...I shall forgive him in The Golden Compass. He's a child, it's not his fault.

It's not hard to like Jonathan Rhys Meyer and Keri Russell either. The latter's curly yet beautiful hair is like a source of encouragement for me not to chop my hair off. At a time when I have lost faith in follicles, she shows me the sign. And Meyer...I cant imagine anyone more perfect to play a tortured singer. Damn emo singer.

August Rush has plot which is definitely not realistic. But...if you want realistic, go watch News on 5.

Hmmm....even then, you cant be sure all the news footages are real.

Shalom.


###

No comments: