Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Come, heavy sleep

After the whole afternoon of visiting the grandma and relatives n Monday (Selamat Hari Raya Eid-Ul-Adha!), I rushed down to the Esplanade at 1930hrs to meet Lauren. We were to catch Sting and Edin Karamazov live in concert.



Before anyone gets excited, I need to mention that it was a classical music concert.

This concert is a ...well, sort of to promote 'Songs From the Labyrinth', an album which saw Sting collaborate with lutenist Edin Karamazov, playing the 16th & 17th century music of John Dowland. This is what I called retro, okay!

Of course we couldnt snap shoot during the concert...so these are taken off youtube.



To prevent myself from being lulled to sleep, I let my imagination run wild. While listening to the soothing sound, I pictured ballerinas prancing around. Not only that, I envisioned baroque dancers dancing in the palace courtyard of an Italian king in the 17th century. That brought me to Pachelbel...to Vivaldi...to Bach. Boy, was I distracted.

I looked around the beautiful Esplanade theatre. I pictured men and women in wigs dancing on the ceiling in their full Elizabethan regalia. I swayed. In my mind, I leapt, I mourned and I travelled Europe with John Dowland. Ah, I love the classics. Dont you too?

Ahk.
So pretentious.
But seriously, I like.
The following is my most favourite out of 'Labyrinth.


Come Again.

But of course, just how many in the audience actually cared for 'Labyrinth or the lute? I am sure they're all there for Sting. Fortunately, he did dish out 2 old favourites (his old hits, not those 15th century kind of old) - Message In a Bottle and of course, the lute version (so soothing it worked like sleeping pill) of Fields Of Gold.

Enjoy.



A thousand times goodnight, soft souls and softer spirits.


###

No comments: