Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Fix you

The father is watching Eminem and Beyonce concerts on DVD. Think I saw him bopping along to Naughty Boy. Gross. Russell Simons, is that you?


I watched Muallaf yesterday and I think it's the artsiest of Yasmin Ahmad's film.





The inconsistency of the language did tick me off slightly at the beginning but it got better as soon as I warmed up to the film.

Thought-provoking.

I like it because I like the content - comparative religion. Acting wise...not so much.

Work.


###

2 comments:

hersheychoc said...

i didnt like the plot... the ending was ... blarrgh. but i love the issues she brought into light yeah.. comparative religion.. coolness.

Ed RockStar said...

do u find it like ...a bit trying too hard? a case of too much too little? like yasmin wants to bring a lot of issues into the film but she doesnt really develop each fully?

my favourite cast is yeo yann yann, by the way.

brother anthony is just so...stiff.