Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yesterday ...

... I had a conversation with a colleague about the ill-state of the economic world. He said the American auto industry would be going bust anytime soon, thousands would be laid off and the US would be begging the world for money.


And what have we got today? Chrysler shutting down for a while. And the number of people without a job rises.

Then there was the drama surrounding the devil Bernard Madoff (who reminded me of the devil in Reaper actually) and the Ponzi pyramid fraud scheme that affected the economy for about US50 billion. USD50 billion! My lord. Money is filthy, I tell you. Dirty, sexy money. Money is a prostitute.


Okay, enough, Ed.
We get it.


My colleague and I also analysed where did all the money go to. We came up with this theory (cause it's not official) that all these big companies had invested in some Jewish business or investments since most of these top dogs are of Jewish descent. And now these Jewish corporations are losing money because of the downturn and all. If these kahunas are affected, America is affected because, come on, USA are run by the Jews. Power of the yarmelke, man.

So, we concluded that right now, the people who are laughing are those businessmen from the Middle-Eastern Muslim region. They make profit selling oil to the rest of the world; the rest lose money because the price of oil has gone down (mentioning that...hello COMFORT, when are you reducing your meter?). They also dont lose their money because there's no way in hell (literally actually) will they invest in Jewish investment plans. So, safe!

And if some reports were to be trusted, the Middle East would have great joy when the US finally leave Iraq.


Shudder.


It's a vicious cycle because as of now, the US have put the maintainence of the soldiers and logistics on national credit card. Bringing the troops home will incur more debt because you have to pay to bring them back, give them compensation and benefits and stuff. Worse, what if these people are retrenched? Adding more salt to injury and Obama is going to die from high blood pressure even before getting into the Oval Office.


We used to live in a mad, mad world. Thank you, Lydia Sum.
But it's a crazier world we're living in now.
Different ball game.


So when the Middle East sigh with slight relief and the US get hotter on the collar every day, what's going to happen to the likes of Somalia and Zimbabwe? They have been surviving on global relief and well, American aids but now, when the Americans need aid themselves, these countries will be left to fend for themselves.

We will see a lot of safari animals going through a depression and attempting suicides. AIDS will be on the rise, poverty and famine will never fade away.


And here you are telling me to recycle?
To switch off the TV and computer when I dont use them?
I have a bigger worry than that, man.



...


I used to be slightly 'green' and I tried to be environmentally-friendly...until I went New York in June. The amount of non-biodegradable stuff is immense - plastics, metal, glass - you name it, they have it by the truckloads. Recycling? No one seemed to have heard of it, especially big, posh organisations. It was disgusting. How can I change the world when it takes one big state to cancel out the energy conserved by the Asians?

Ah depressing.

But hey, at least I am too poor to have money in big Jewish investment corporations.

Heng, ah.


###

No comments: