Thursday, July 16, 2009

My girlfriend's dead

Taken off Lauren's..

--------------------------------------------

recently have been intrigued by a new phenomenon rising in taiwan - 败犬.

败犬 = defeated dog

败犬是指30岁以上,高收入、高学历、事业成功,但无感情归宿的女性。这种说法源自日本女作家酒井顺子的散文集《败犬的远吠》,探讨未婚女性及其生活,认定年过三十的未婚女性,无论事业上多有成就、在职场叱咤风云,只要未婚就是人生战场上的一只败犬。
- 败犬也能成女王《Her Village》第705期

it means a woman who in her 30s, with high income, education, successful career, but uses a blank white paper to describe her love life. the term 'defeated dog' comes from a novel written by a japanese lady. it explores the life of a female, who once is 30 and beyond, no matter how successful she is in her career, as long as she is single, she is a defeated dog.


---------------------------------------------

I am not a defeated dog *sob sob*. Though I am going to be 30 soon..or eventually...whichever comes first, I dont have a high income and I dont really regard my career as successful (painful yes, successful..not yet). Education-wise, I am average. I dont want to be known as a defeated bitch. Gosh...single I am but I am not defeated.

Whoever came up with this label ought to be mauled to death by pitbull terriers. As though the world needs another pathetic stereotype on its beautiful people.

Live strong, ladies.

Now...can somebody change my light bulb and kill the cockroach under my bed?


###

No comments: