"The frontal lobe (the front part of each hemisphere of the brain) is the most fascinating section of the brain with relation to sleep deprivation. Its functions are associated with speech as well as story and creative thinking. Sleep deprived test subjects have difficulties thinking of imaginative words or ideas. Instead, they tend to choose repetitious words or old phrases. Also, a sleep-deprived individual is less able to deliver a statement well. The subject may show signs of indistinct speech, stuttering, speaking in a monotone voice, or speaking at a slower pace than usual.
Subjects in research studies also have a more difficult time reacting well to unexpected rapid changes. Sleep deprived people do not have the speed or creative abilities to cope with making quick but logical decisions, nor do they have the ability to implement them well. Studies have demonstrated that a lack of sleep impairs one's ability to all together focus on several different related tasks, reducing the speed as well as the efficiency of one's actions."
No wonder I didnt "feel" it in class just now. And I kept saying the word 'culture' and certain corny examples over and over again. I just need to sleep for 2 years.
But first...argh...I need to read this business textbook.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment