6am, day after Christmas
I throw some clothes on in the dark
The smell of cold
Car seat is freezing
The world is sleeping
I am ... numb.
I caught SUNSHINE CLEANING just now and it added to my list disappointing films the season had to offer (on top of Transformers, Terminator Salvation,Ice Age3, Brothers Bloom). Okay Sunshine Cleaning was not as bad as Transformers..fine.
But it is not to say that the film is not without its moments. I like simple, indie stories but Sunshine Cleaning was trying to incorporate too much issues and at the end of a very short 90 minutes, nothing much was achieved. Climax wasnt really impactful, if there was even one.
But what was good was the acting and comic timing. Amy Adams is fast becoming a favourite (oh come on, who doesnt like her in ENCHANTED..kwa kwa "How do you knooow?") and Emily Blunt was so edgy it's good. Alan Arkin was a lark as usual as he reprised almost a similar character to his Little Miss Sunshine's. Still, if only the conflict was poignant enough. Watching Sunshine Cleaning gave me reminiscents of Half Nelson...only slightly better.
I need to sleep.
I am dead beat.
A thousand times goodnight, rebel rousers.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment