On top of my nerve-wrecking, jitter-inducing uni classes, I had invigilating duties for 3 days and on the average I had to be on my feet for freaking 3 hours. That's worse than being in any NPCC parades...no talking, no eating, just looking all hawk-like at the students and trying to look damn fierce (okay this one, not so hard).
It was like watching paint dry...grass grow...a beard growing on a young girl. One just gets drained after that mind numbing crap. Crap.
Got me period on Thursday till now and obviously, I cant fast. That got me pissed cause I might miss the 'holiest night' of the fasting month next week. Besides, having period doesnt mean jack squat...I cant eat and drink at work also cause it's damn insensitive to do so especially my next-cubicle colleagues are Muslim men. In the end, I'll just have to eat around the same time at 7.09pm and then rush to my 7.30 evening classes ... All bloated from menses, dinner and indigestion all rolled into one. Many a time I had to pause in between words in order to stifle a burp, belch or a puke. That sure must have been a sight to behold.
I am awake now cause my niece is staying over and she is fasting. She hasnt grasped the concept of menses = cannot fast yet and I am too lazy to explain. So...sigh...I woke up to have the morning meal (sahur) with her. Technically, I am still fasting. It's just on top of that...I also bleed. Wow...amazeballs.
Oh!
Last Thursday, I headed to the Shangri La Hotel because many of my Monash students were graduating. They were among the first batch of students whom I taught when I first got to TooMuchCrap 2 years ago so in a way...we all started a chapter in our lives together. You cannot imagine how much maternal love I felt for them that night as each one of them got up the stage, looking dashing and gorgeous in Monash regalia, to receive their certificates. I almost shed tears...but I reminded myself that I shouldnt get too carried away and that if I were to feel like this for every student, I'll be a mental trainwreck by the time I leave the school.


















Congratulations!
But I am proud of them. Each one has an intriguing personal story...his/her road to success and I am so glad I manage to be in a little part of their stories. Mummy is proud!
Okay...it's 0615hrs. I better get a little more sleep before going to work later.
A thousand times goodnight, maternal suckers.
P/S: Shall go see the Dead Sea Scrolls musuem exhibition after work.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment