Saturday, September 19, 2009

Suasana Hari Raya

The 'takbir' has been launched, indicating that Ramadhan is over and the month of Syawal is here. Syawal (also known as the month of Hari Raya Eid-ul-fitri) brings jubilance as Muslims celebrate their victory (metaphorically, the battle against the whims and superficial fancies of the material world). It's a time when we start everything afresh, on a clean slate...with hope that God acknowledges our deeds and prayers.

It was an uber dusty day for me as I cleaned my bedroom. The floor, thick with dust, has all been swept and mopped. Some 'junk memorabilia' have been discarded because I really dont have space. No space for much nostalgia in the house, sadly. However, I have a good memory so...everything has been converted into 'soft copies' and have been kept in my heart and brain.

Ahem ahem.

All right I need to change my bedsheet and pillow cases soon. I also need to eat. I broke fast with a bit of nutella and milk cause the mother hasnt done with cooking.

So, hereby, I wish all my Muslim friends and readers a hearty Selamat Hari Raya minal aidil wal fa izin. Hope it will be a great and joyous affair to all, basking in the love and surrounded by your loved ones. Do forgive me if I had offended for I am only human. Maaf zahir batin, from the bottom of my heart.

Sedia ke garisan..
On your mark...
Get set...
Go ketupat!!


P/S: Hari Raya is not our new year!

P/P/S: I managed to watch INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS after my cleaning mission and before breaking fast. Am still not a Tarantino fan and I am only watching because of a certain William Bradley Pitt :)




###

No comments: