I just want to say that I am bloody upset cause tonight, I miss the opportunity to participate in the holy night of Ramadhan a.k.a the Lailatul Qadar.
I have been exceptionally good this fasting month (I try). I put in great effort this time round, swear to God. I even got into the Ramadhan mood by fasting 2 weeks ahead...to get into the spirit of it. But ah...when it matters most, I cannot pray.
Never mind. I prayed for God to give me health. At least I know now that my fallopian tubes, uterus and etc are all working. Positive thinking, Ed. Positive thinking.
If tonight is not the night, I hope I will have a go-ahead on Friday night, the 29th of Ramadhan. I really want this night, dear God.
---------------------------------------------------
When should one expect it to come?
First, the absolute majority of Islamic scholars said that Lailatul-Qadr comes every year, precisely in the month of Ramadan.
Second, only Allah the Most High[13] knows beforehand which night of Ramadan is the Night of Power.
In the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (may Allah greet and bless him) there is a great number of hadith which indicate probable time limits for finding this blessed night. Here are some of them:
“Seek the Night of Power [praying, performing Night Prayers and doing noble deeds] during the last ten days of the month of Ramadan”;[14]
“Look for the Night of Power on an odd-numbered night during the last ten days of the month Ramadan”;[15]
“He, who will look for the Night of Power, should look for it during the last seven days”;[16]
“The Night of Power is the night of the 27th day”;[17]
“The Night of Power is the night of the 24th day”;[18]
“The Night of Power is the night either of the 27th or of the 29th day. In this night the number of Angels [, who will descend to earth] will be greater than pebbles [on the whole planet]”.[19]
Imam Ibn Hajjar commenting on theof the chapter [from the hadith collection of Imam al-Bukhari] in which the great Muhadith mentions several hadith from those adduced above, made a useful observation: “Suchfor this chapter[20] somehow indicates the fact that Lailatul-Qadr is to be sought in Ramadan, on the last ten days and precisely on the odd-numbered days out of them”.[21]
A considerable number of Islamic scholars pointed at the night of the 27th day of Ramadan saying that this is the most probable time, although it is not for certain. Very often various festive events both at the national and local level, which are timed to this great Night, take place exactly on the 27th day[22] of the month of Ramadan.[23]
Of course for those, who don’t want to miss this great night, it would be most fore-sighted to pay special attention to each night of the last ten nights of Ramadan. It would be good, relying on Allah’s mercy, at least to perform an additional prayer, then invoke Allah, the Creator of the worlds, with a Du’a and perform at least one, though not necessarily very significant, but noble deed in the name of God the Most High. Even if a night has not been the Night of Power, our prayers, with the mercy of the Creator, will be heard and accepted, for they were read at night, moreover, in one of the nights of the blessed month of Ramadan.
What are its signs?
- This night possesses an extraordinary shine and brightness of its own.
- Taking into account local climate the weather in that night won’t be either cold or warm, i.e. the night temperature will be average for this climate, region and season.
- This night will be calm, clear and dry.
- Stars do not fall in that night.
- The next morning after this night the sun will be bright, brilliant and encarnadine (light-red). Its shine will be tender, not blinding just like the full moon in the clear night.[24]
---------------------------------------------------
Amazing right?
###
No comments:
Post a Comment