Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pulse of the maggots



The flowers the students gave. I was too shy to carry the bouquet as it was and so I stuffed it into a plastic bag on my way home.

Upon reaching home, I couldnt find any nice vase and so I put it in a big Shrek mug :(



Happy Teachers' Day to my teaching friends.


......


TooMuchCrap is having a hike session tomorrow at Hort Park in conjunction with Teachers' Day. After the morning hike, they'll end up at Safra for lunch. I say freaking bollocks to that. What about those who are fasting?

The Muslims who are going are planning to (a) take a really slow stroll or (b) just go straight to the ending point. I find the last one quite funny because by the time everyone reaches the ending point, the Muslims will just go home. I know I know...it's because they do not want to take leave. Unlike me.

And then during lunch, the school will give out some prizes to a recently-ended contest in school - Best Service Staff Award. The best thing is...this award is not even opened to teachers. Again, bollocks. What great sensitivity the school has.

No we dont get the day off, we get half day. Anyone who doesnt want to participate in the sweaty event will have to apply for a full day leave. Full day. I am taking that full day. I know it's stupid; taking a full day leave when work is only half a day but I just hate the idea behind the event. I just hate everything that goes into it - the management, the logistics (no transport provided, staff get there by hook or by crook)etc.

Happy fooking Teachers' Day.


###

No comments: