





The Banquet was a choice because
The cinematography was beautiful, especially the early scene of the Crown Prince Wu Luan at his secret hideout, where he and his friends were practising their art. Breathtaking. And oh, every fighting scene…was..wow. And I lurve the soundtrack. I just love sad stuff, really.
But I guess that’s about it. Ziyi Zhang wasn’t all that and so was the plot. It’s not really a royal conspiracy story and neither is it a love one. It feels empty here [thumps heart] and here [points to brain] and well, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is much better. Well, House Of Flying Daggers is much better too. And ..erm..Butterfly Lovers as well.
However…
Thin plot aside, I can see why this movie can still make it big. It has that Pearl Harbour air around it. Skinny plot..but big on hype and beauty.
But still, I love it.
I am just biased.
I love Chinese period films…especially those wuxia ones.

Where is my Yang Guo?
###
No comments:
Post a Comment