Thursday, May 17, 2007

Disappearing Doolittle

The taste of oily chicken is still lingering in my mouth. Am beginning to feel sick..again. Maybe trying to wash the taste with 2 bottles of Vitagen isnt a very good idea.



Had a freaking busy day in school today with everyone "screaming" at one another for marks and all. Qui-Gon gave me a lot of things to do, as though I was damn free. But no I wasnt free. I had to sort out a lot of things, on top of screaming my lungs out at students. By the way, my throat cant take it anymore. I give up. I suck at teaching. So what if the students like you? Like you and listen to you are 2 different things. And I am the kind who cant be bothered. I ask you to shut up once..twice..then just get out of my sight. I dont care where you go. But of course, that's frowned upon. Teachers should be nurturing bla bla. Ah, I suck. I am too nice. MOE will see the end of me soon.


Think I'll die continuing another term.


Had enough of keying marks, marking rubbish work, entertaining other key personnels. Everything is really getting on my nerves. So I was kind of glad when 2 kind Jedis dragged me out for lunch at 1600hrs. Before we left, I had to stop over at Qui-Gon's desk, hoping she wasnt at her table..but fuck, she was there.

Ed: Hi Qui-Gon, here are the hard copies of Sec 1 marks. I have emailed you the soft copy.
QG: Oh! Only Sec 1s? Where are...
Ed: I havent finished with the Sec 2s. I havent confirmed the marks cause I am not done going through it with the students.
QG: Oh like that har...but I need them for tomorrow's meeting.
Ed: That's your stupid problem Okay...but I havent keyed in yet.
QG: Can you give me by this evening?
Ed: [looks at the time] I am sorry, I have to go.
QG: Why do you have to go?
Ed: Why the fuck cant I go? I have an eye check up at 4.15.
QG: Oh..That's about soon. Do you have the time now?
Ed: Huh?? For..?
QG: I want you to sit here and read out the marks for me while I key them into the computer.
Ed: WHAT THE HELL! No..I have to go.
QG: Okay but can you give me the Sec 2 results?
Ed: (exasperated) Okay, I give you what I've got. But I cant guarantee if this is the final result.
QG: Okay I need both soft and hard copies.
Ed: I cant give you the soft copy now but I can give you the hard copy.
QG: Okay..you can give them to me.


ROAR!
ROAR!
ROAR!


I felt like grabbing her spectacles and breaking them into two! Totally pissed off. Was already having a crappy day and she had to give me such crap. I know she is of higher position and all but urgh...has she forgotten something? I am a relief teacher. Sometimes there are many things I cant access to and others are too busy to help. Has she forgotten that I am not doing just her stuff and that there are just many hours in a working day? Has she forgotten that after 1300hrs I am not paid? Doesnt she know that an unpaid man is an angry man? Add hunger to that equation and you'll have a nasty scenario which is best to be avoided. Fucked up.

Was ranting non-stop in the car for 15 minutes. After that, I just sat back carrying the ugliest sulk I could muster.



EEEEEEEEEEE...so pek chek.

Oh well.

We finally reached our Geylang Serai destination and headed to City Plaza for Arnold's Fried Chicken. I wasnt hungry anymore so one piece and I had enough. Had to force-fed meself with one more piece but I could only manage a third of it. Better stop, otherwise I'd puke in Jedi's car.


Bleurgh.
Work woe be gone.


Anyway...Melinda Doolittle got booted out! What a blasphemy, eh? Maybe people dont see the commercial value in her. Maybe they didnt want to make the same "mistake" again (and again) after crowning Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor Hicks. They are great singers, no doubt. But come on, how can they fight in the same light with the likes of Aguileras, Clarksons, Pinks, Timberlakes, Furtados and the likes? The days of power warblers are over. O-V-E-R, sister.

But oh well. Doolittle wont disappear so fast. I am sure she will do well in the adult contemporary section. Maybe she can even do back up on Jordin or Blake's songs. Whatever. Doolittle has the best voice among them all but I am sorry...I cant picture myself buying burning or ripping her album.

Commercialism hurts, doesnt it?

Awrite, got to do some marking. Am beginning to hate the sight of red pens. At this point, Lauren and Grace must be up in their budget carrier on their way to Phuket. Thank God I am not a fan of Phuket, otherwise I'll tear my hair for not being able to join. Heh. Anyway have a great time, ladies.

Am looking forward to the weekend. I predict it's going to be quite hectic.

A thousand times goodnight, mighty aphrodites.


P/S: Jedis and I are planning to wear baju kurung tomorrow. Hope the weather will be kind. I dont mind a little rain even. Just not scorching hot.

P/P/S: Meeting the SNPians again tomorrow, with CY in the hood as well. Ah, want to see how much the tummy has grown. Heard she cant fit into her Samuel and Kevins anymore. Hah!

###

No comments: