Thursday, May 10, 2007
It's a thankless job
I feel so bad I got a worried mind
I'm so lonesome all the time
Since I left my baby behind
On Blue Bayou
Saving nickles saving dimes
Working til the sun don't shine
Looking forward to happier times
On Blue Bayou
I'm going back someday
Come what may
To Blue Bayou
Where the folks are fine
And the world is mine
On Blue Bayou
Where those fishing boats
With their sails afloat
If I could only see
That familiar sunrise
Through sleepy eyes
How happy I'd be (Blue Bayou)
I havent been back for more 2 years. And something in my head tells me "Go back, go back" but I know...maybe the timing is not right. The West may amuse me, the East may intrigue, but I am happier at the bayou...my bayou. I just hope that I can make it there soon. The longing is unexplainable considering the location is just normal. But...the world means nothing when I was there. And I like that feeling.
Oh well.
The coughing has subsided (but it aint gone, ya'll) but the nose is still unsmelling and the voice is still nasal. Plus, no matter how much I've been sleeping (which is alot lately cause I go bed early these days) it seems like it is never enough. Damn. This is a sign of old age, yes?
The Lit papers are today. Wonder how my Sec 1s and Sec 2 will do. Think they will be fine. Brilliant in fact. No..not that I am a super-duper fantastic teacher but I think I have given them enough tips and clues to pass comfortably. Besides, Literature, to me, is a subject...well..if you get it, you get it. It is like a gift to students. It is just a matter of what kind of teacher a Literature student has, really. But ah...this is just my constipated opinion.
Anyway, at the end of the day, I get to mark them and find out on my own. I have faith in my kids, no worries about that. It's just that.....I really hate marking. Do you know how time consuming that is? What can teachers do with the time they spend on marking? They can conquer the world, I tell you!
Little little things to remind myself that I am not cut out to be one. Yes, I am frivolous and full of trivialities. But what to do...you like me still.
REASONS WHY ED CANT BE A TEACHER:
- no holidays in April/May/August
- no live telecast of Grammys, Oscars, Miss Universe
- no ladies' night every Wednesday and Thursday
- morning assemblies are a pain in the ass (especially if they are on the parade square)
- thunderstorm in the morning are a pain in the ass
- no space in the room to fit the 8th alarm clock
- cant find taxis before 7am in order to beat the $2 surcharge
- some students make good punching bags (literally)
- some students deserve a good Hokkien vulgar curse
- some teachers are a pain in the ass, neck, joints
- some school songs sound so full of propaganda and almost communist-like
- no denim (bah!)
- no lunch dates with friends
- no McDonalds' breakfast
- unreasonable parents are a pain in the ass
- bus full of noisy smelly kids
- no MP3 players
Yes. The school has banned all MP3 players (or any audio stuff) and in order to set good example, I am sure they frown on teachers who use it on while on public transport too cause God forbid if he or she is caught by a student. Think now...I have to start singing loudly to myself while I am on the bus just so that I wont be caught eavesdropping on other people's conversations.
Back to class.
###
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment