Sunday, July 15, 2007

They try to make me go to rehab

Am having a terrible headache.
Maybe it's the low quality sleep I've been getting lately.



Everyone can do with a little more quality sleep.


Was dragged out of bed by the parents cause they wanted me to follow them to a wedding. The father's cousin's daughter was getting married. The brother quickly woke up and told them he had something on while the sister managed to escape cause she had work. So..yeah..me.

The wedding..well well...I blamed the parents for causing me so much misery hahaha. The father was the one who didnt "expose" me to his relatives and therefore, I didnt/couldnt recognise anyone.

Mother: Ah that's Cik XXX!
Ed: Who? (fiddling with her handphone)
Mother: Cik XXX
Ed: (still not looking up) Ah okay.
Mother: Ah...that's Cik XXX...
Ed: Who?
Mother: Cik XXX. She's your father's cousin's husband's sister's cat son.
Ed: Okay..don't know, don't care.


Not dissing my species' choice of wedding style, but it's too riotous for my liking. I can take the manic pounding of the kompang. I take it better if the kompang err..beaters (?) are cute. I wont do away with this aspect cause hey, I like to go old skool sometimes.



But I really dont understand the karaoke singing. Why cant they just play pipe/elevator muzak? Or a blind man playing a keyboard or something? Or a dancing monkey? Anything but a relative wailing into the microphone singing about unrequited love.

For my wedding (aisey!) I will play nasyid (songs praising God) songs over the air. Softly. Maybe I will play it louder near "closing" time..around 1700hrs. You know...just to drive the guests home so that my *ahem* wedding night will come faster. Hahahahaha.

And one more thing...more should be done on seating arrangements. People are lingering behind me just now as I was eating. They hadnt got a place so they were waiting around impatiently. There were many others who just hogged space..not eating, just chatting away.



If I had it my way, I would make guests queue up ...a la going to a club. There would be a door bitch or bouncer an usher or the parents of the bride/groom welcoming the guests and then...they will be led to their seats. If all seats are taken up, the guests will have to wait in the queue or adjourn to an all-standing cocktail/pre-meal lounge area.

Hahaha
Of course ideally, I want a wedding where there's ample seats for everyone. That's why I like the concept of Chinese wedding dinners. No RSVP, no seat. What I dont like...they are always too long, and are always the same. Video montages and all.
Oh well.

Ed...you cross the bridge when you come to it.
You'll be lucky if there's even gonna be a wedding.
Ouchy.


Anyway, was like a fish out of water at the wedding. Awkward and all. It didnt help that the parents wanted to linger around after the meal. After what seemed like an eternity, the father decided to go off. He wanted to go shopping so the three of us packed ourselves into a cab and headed to Parkway Parade, baju kurung and all.


Parkway Parade has now got to be one of my favourite malls...after Marina Centre, Paragon and Ngee Ann City. Yaye.

The father went on a shopping spree - clothes, pants, undies...top with a $150 sandals. Think he felt bad so he asked me to get something. I chose 2 Mango tops under "duress".

Ah...the headache is getting worse. Great. Thought of working on the text and the book. But the sheer volume of words if making the head spins faster. Then..ah...there's the Copa America final between sexy Brazil and sizzling Argentina. Mi amor South America.

Spin..spin..spin.

A thousand times goodnight, whirling dervishes.


P/S: Am uploading the HK pictures. Photo updates are imminent.

P/P/S: Interview with Times tomorrow. Yeah...Times. The horror.


###

No comments: