Thursday, November 06, 2008

Here we go round the mulberry bush

I was about to panic as I realised more than $1k of my money is gone. But phew, I remembered putting some in my other bank account and the other some uh..goes partially to my freaking phone. I also remembered lending the sister a little to tide her over her accident+motorbike woes. So that is something I can see again.

And urgh...I really need to stop taking the freaking cab. To think I eat/drink budget (except for the occasional relapse) only to squander in cabs...so that I can do more work in them. Note: Dear cabbies, do not talk to me when I am doing work.

My vices this month are 1) concert tickets (god...I love you all, but stop coming at the same time!), 2) work clothes (needed a major overhaul cause I've ..ahem..matured) and 3) bloody make-up.

Yes. make-fucking-up.

I hate it when people (and freaking students) tell me how pale I am without make-up, how I should put some because it makes me look professional and all that crap because I actually buy their reasons. Working and living with others mean having to deal with their judgements and carry yourself. Yes, maybe there are some people who really live in their own world, oblivious to external opinions but...arent most of us affected by what people say? Being angry is a reaction too, by the way.

So anyway...I cant escape from the dressing-up and making-up part. Though if given a choice, I would just want to lounge in my disgusting hole-y t-shirt and worn-out tennis skirts. And the only cosmetic on me will be lipgloss or mascara.

*pfft..excuses*

Anyway, the initial entry was not to mull over money. The initial plan was to talk about ZoukOut. I hate crowds, sticky chewy crowds especially.Though I like the sand, I dont like being covered in them for anything more than 2 hours. But but but,something in the line-up is giving me a little strength to overcome those irritants.

It's...
It's...
It's...

*sniff*snort*puke*smile*puke*snort*sniff*


ABOVE & BEYOND!!!


It's unlike me to like them, but I like.

I remember one bored night, Fifi, Dina and I ended up at Zouk. Specimen B did mention that some guest DJs were coming but it totally slipped my mind. If it didnt, I wouldnt go Zouk cause the crowd's going to get sticky chewy. So we got there and saw a snaking queue. However, we knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who fucked someone who was part of the management (beats me, I dont know) haha and yeah we got in. Phuture was utterly awful that night but the main floor...was... like in heaven.

Ironic, considering what a grand hell-hole Zouk is.

Anyway there they were.
3 old-looking men spinning.
Eeks.
We liked what we heard.
We were bought over.

So here I am contemplating. Fifi and Dina will not go cause the former has turned over a new leaf tree while the latter is shrouded in marital bliss. I guess it's just me serving my "conjugal visits" to clubs then hahaha.

Okay, what was I saying?

Ah contemplating.

I am not up for mambo shit, RnB doesnt faze me and hardcore hip hop I like but it looks pretentious on me. Techno burns my skin and house makes me want to smile and space out under a tree. I can do that at Ang Mo Kio park. Rock music...well...just how much Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" can I take? Along with the ridiculous chanting?


"This ain't a song for the broken-hearted *insert stupid chant*
No silent prayer for the faith-departed *insert stupid chant*
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
IT'S MY LIFE!!!!"



No offence Jovi.
It's not you (or me), it's them.
*Points finger at other clubbers*

Oh well.

Still contemplating.

Above & Beyond should just have a freaking live podcast lah!


P/S: The game shop called. My Guitar Hero World Tour is here. Uh oh.


###

No comments: