Anyway, this was what I was told last night.
Mother: Your dad’s friend’s house has a pontianak.
Bro: Liar!
Me: What the…how do you know?
Mother: He asked your dad how to get rid of a pontianak.
Bro: How did he know there was one?
Mother: Few nights ago, his wife went into the kitchen to bring in the laundry. Then she saw the pontianak hanging upside down outside the window.
Me: (mutters) Fucking chee bye..
Bro: Liar…
Mother: Really. He even sent your dad a picture he took of the pontianak.
Me: That’s crazy! What if it comes into the house?
Mother: It wont anyhow disturb a person, lah.
Bro: Where’s the house?
Mother: Somewhere lah.
Bro: Tell me lah
Mother: (always being the smartass one) Pontianak always goes where the monsoon wind blows…around Sembawang area.
Me: Why am I even listening to this…
I don’t know if I want to believe this or not. I mean, I am sure there are many other “things” roaming this Earth but sometimes, it gets a bit ridiculous right? Maybe I’ll be even more convinced if I can lay my eyes on the picture. But, hah, I know I am too chicken to look at it.

Anyway, I don’t know why but the thought of hearing a pontianak hanging upside down outside the kitchen window somehow reminds me of Batman. Hmmmm…whatever it was, I just wish no one will get hurt.
Anyway, I couldn’t sleep well last night. I had some skin irritation and it was disturbing my sleep…and when I finally got to bed at 0530hrs, I had a dream. In my dream, a woman accused me of forgetting my religion. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. She told me:
Woman: Kau lupa surah Al Fatihah, kan? (You forgot the Al Fatihah verse, right?)
Me: T-t-tak (n-n-no)
Woman: Baca! (Recite!)
Me: Bismilla,,h-hi-hirahmanirahim..al-al (In the name of Allah, the Compassionate..the.)
Woman: Kan? Tak tahu kan? (See? You don’t know, right?)
Me: T-t-tak (n-n-no)
Then I woke up.

I can read it. I can.
Man. It really is good to be “reminded” once in a while. I remember a friend who was on a trip with me. He was a very devoted Muslim and would always mind what he consumed. When we went on the Thailand exchange trip, we were served food of dubious “background”. The next morning, he told me he had a horrible nightmare where a group of people held him tight and force-fed him pork. He looked damn disturbed. I’ve got nothing to say to him. I was happily eating my breakfast.
Hai Adnan, I wonder where the hell you are now.
It’s almost time to knock off. I haven’t completed my Changi Village and NDP articles. Looks like I have to bring work home and continue after Desperate Housewives tonight. In another words, tonight, I will end up either sleeping on my cold bedroom floor or on the kitchen table.
Whatever it is, I just need my radio to be with me.
It's hard to remember how it felt before
Now I found the love of my life
Passes things, get more comfortable
Everything is going right And after all the obstacles
It's good to see you now with someone else
And it's such a miracle that you and me are still good friends
After all that we've been through
I know we're cool
I know we're cool
We used to think it was impossible
Now you call me by my new last name
Memories seem like so long ago
Time always kills the pain
Remember Harbor Boulevard
The dreaming days where the mess was made
Look how all the kids have grown, oh
We have changed but we're still the same
After all that we've been through
I know we're cool
I know we're cool
Yeah, I know we're cool
And I'll be happy for you
If you can be happy for me
Circles and triangles
And now we're hanging out with your new girlfriend
So far from where we've been
I know we're cool I know we're cool
C-cool, I know we're cool I know we're cool - Cool, Gwen Stefani
Yeah...i dont know about you but, yeah, i think i am cool about it now.
###
6 comments:
bloody hell woman.. i was reading this entry in the dark some more!
haha! i was alone in my office!
anyway, mona i passed a bag to nani last sun during gym.. inside is your uk cosmo, and ismail's gwen stefani cd, and i also burnt a copy for u.. since u have it already, can pass to anyone else lar.. and also sha's time traveller's wife.. if u dun wanna read it, can u pls pass it to sha when u see her? thanks!
can we expect a goodie bag from bkk and bali too?? kidding!
thanks lauren..have a good bangcock (heh) and bali trip! see you soon and then we can celebrate nani's and da pimp's birthdays.
oh for the pontianak case...my dad didnt want to pass me the picture...
Post a Comment