Monday, July 18, 2005

What becomes of the broken hearted? They heal!

Finally watched American Psycho yesterday. The best scene was when the hooker tried to run out of the apartment. Man, that was cold..



And how about that part where he was checking himself out in the mirror while fucking the 2 whores? Man…that was pure lusty narcissism

I shall watch Scarface soon. Have to go DVD hunting! I want The Princess Bride, The Red Curtain Trilogy and ggrrrr…so many-many. Going to start my collection already – Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, Tim Burtons, Jim Carreys, Baz Luhrmann, Lars Von Trier, Audrey Hepburns, Marilyn Monroes, Adam Sandlers, Quentin Tarantinos, Al Pacinos, De Niros..and many”art houses” (Bunuel and Dali’s Un Chien Andalou!) and B-grades movies like Double Indemnity, original Ocean’s 11..do I sound over-zealous to you? Cause I am!



Side note: I was clearing my cupboard last night when I saw an envelope which dated back in 1998. I unsealed it and it was *gasp!* a Christmas card from Sujing!!!! Wah lao! It was hidden in the pile of bills. Immediately sms-ed Sujing who found it hilarious. Tsk tsk tsk.



I also discovered my old report book. Looking at my grades from sec 1 to sec 4, i have been a slightly above-average student. Why, oh why, do i have this idea that i am a genius? See what too much positive thinking can do to your brain? Gaaaaah! I AM a fucking genius!

.....

I have this niggling feeling about something that needs to be done. But I have no inkling what is it. It is making me so restless and I cannot do anything else.

Anyway,

The best friend sms-ed yesterday saying “I’m single again!” Uh oh. I picked up the phone and called her. First few minutes were all right and then…jeng jeng jeng..waterworks. I heard her cry over the phone so many times but this time, the suppressed tears spoke greater volume. It really broke my heart. But this time, I don’t blame the guy. It’s not really his fault. Well, not totally. I blame age difference.

The best friend doesn’t think she can wait for 5 years. Even then, after 5 years, the best friend will not be able to settle down because the partner needs to get a job. Maybe the boy is a bit frightened about the wedding. After all, he is just 23. And he has just started his ITE classes. Like students always are, they begin to have more dreams. The best friend cannot blame him for wishing to do a diploma course after 2 years. I mean, she has a diploma so why cant he, right? Plus, the best friend has a mission of getting married before she turns 30 and that is 5 years from now.

The boy also said during this period of 5 years, his main priorities will be studies and family. Honestly, I agree…but I feel for the best friend.

Can anyone be happy being #3 for at least 5 years?


So I told the best friend…let him soar now. 5 years down the road, if they are meant to be together, they will get together.

Me: If you two are meant to be together, 5,10, 20 years later, you will still be together.
BF: *Whimpering sound*
Me: Now, go wash your face because you need to get back to work.
BF; (sniff) *whimpering sound*
Me: If your colleagues ask you what’s wrong, don’t tell them anything. Especially that bitchy old gay dude.
BF: (sniffing) Yeah…I bet he will be gloating.
Me: Don’t say anything. You’re not obliged to say anything.
BF: *whimpering sound*
Me: Go back to work. If you want to meet up, just tell me. I don’t mind taking leave or something, ok?
BF: Yes..thank you.

When that’s done, I sms-ed the rest of the “clan” not to call the best friend because she had to gather every morsel of strength to continue her afternoon shift. If the rest wanted to know, they had to call me. So for the next hour, I entertained 3 long calls.




Girlfriend, different people have different priorities. For your case, it is nobody’s fault.
It is just unfortunate. Don’t be so hard on yourself. The right one will come eventually. What I want from you right now is for you to drop that stupid and repressive die-die-must-get-married-before-30 notion.

Stop sabotaging yourself.

As I walk this land with broken dreams
I have visions of many things
Love's happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion,
What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
Maybe

The fruits of love grow all around
But for me they come a tumblin' down
. Every day heartaches grow a little stronger
I can't stand this pain much longer
I walk in shadows
Searching for light
Cold and alone
No comfort in sight
Hoping and praying for someone to care
Always moving and goin to where
What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
Maybe

I'm searching though I don't succeed
But someone look, there's a growing need
Oh, he is lost, there's no place for beginning
All that's left is an unhappy ending
Now what's become of the broken-hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
I'll be searching everywhere
Just to find someone to care
I'll be looking everyday
I know I'm gonna find a way
Nothings gonna stop me now
I'll find a way somehow
I'll be searching everywhere
- What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted, Jimmy Ruffin

I’ll see you soon.
Meanwhile, hang on, sweet child.
Hang on.

###

2 comments:

Coulieo said...

GOtta watch American Psycho myself!!

Ed RockStar said...

yeah..i dont strongly recommend it because storywise, it is nothing special....just gruesome at some parts..