Tuesday, March 06, 2007

'C' is for cookie...not good enough for me

Blog war?
No time.






Drew’s so gorgeous.

MUSIC AND LYRICS is hilarious! Although I was damn tired and I did (dammit) fall asleep at certain parts, it was excellent while I was awake. The opening sequence was KLASSIK. Come on..it is the 80s! A decade I so love to hate!


Alex Fletcher: The best time I've had in the last fifteen years was sitting at that piano with you.
Sophie Fisher: That's wonderfully sensitive... especially from a man who wears such tight pants.
Alex Fletcher: It forces all the blood to my heart.



Music And Lyrics is almost typical of Hugh Grant type of comedies – think Four Weddings, Bridget Jones, About A Boy, 2 Weeks Notice, Love Actually, Mickey Blue Eyes, Notting Hill. However, I think this movie is made more enjoyable to me is the fact that my favourite screen goofball goddess is in it too. Drew Barrymore is just adorable. Surely you remember The Perfect Catch, 50 First Dates (I love it! I love it!), The Wedding Singer, Never Been Kissed?


Sophie Fisher: Are you trying to tell me that you enjoyed that orgasm set to the "Gandhi" Soundtrack?

Message wise…this film doesn’t have any. But it does give you that feel-good vibe. And besides, anything with pop (literally too) music is always good. Throw in funny costumes and weird jiggling, it will definitely be entertaining. So yeah!

Anyway…

Yesterday was the start of the first combined training for Speech Day. Various students from various uniformed groups came together to be tortured by me. Actually it wasn’t really torturing. Since it was their first lesson, I instructed my men to go easy on them.


March!
March until you cannot march anymore!
Break?
Break is for cowards!
Water?
Water is for cowards!


Right.

Some of the girls were so whiny I gave all them a 15-minute break just to free myself from their whining and groaning. Great. You give me a 2nd-rate squad and I am supposed to come out with a miracle of a fancy drill performance?

Or…

This is the best the school can give? The best that students here can get? Cham ah!

Showed my English class their term marks and naturally, some were not happy when they realised they had flunked. Like…what the hell, right? You don’t do work, you sleep in class, you hand in late work or sometimes not at all and you expect a pass? Just because you fed me your Home Economics’ under-baked cookies, I wont give you those marks, lah!

Maybe next time, you can try cooking well-baked ones…top with lots of chocolate candies. Maybe..I say maybe…we can talk about passing.



Hah.
But then again…
Maybe there is no other chance.

Tough.


###

No comments: