Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Not elite or uncaring...but get out of my face still

No. I didnt feel sleepy on the first day of work. In fact, my first (yes, first!) yawn of the day just came minutes ago at 0030hrs. Guess the week-long holiday did do me good.

Woke up bright dark and early. I even stepped out 5 minutes earlier than usual. It was pouring so the walk to the bus stop at Yishun wasnt that hot and unbearable. I rather have it wet, you know (heh).

Everything went on oh-so-well...



...until the feeder bus came all sardinified.

I was only at the second stop for fuck sake and yet the bus was full? I peered to the back and there they were... morons hogging the aisle and not moving to the rear. And those morons eventually made me late because the next bus didnt come like until 15 minutes later.

Anyway...

A few boys in one of my Sec 1 Literature classes were playing this stupid game where they make a circle/ring using their thumb and index finger. They will then get people to look into that ring using lures such as "Hey, what do you call this?" and then they try to force their fingers into your view. If you look into the circle/ring/hole, you get a smack on your shoulder. I told you it's stupid.

One of the boys tried to lure me. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him to shut up. He still persisted. Pissed me off all the more.


Student: Come on, Cher! What do you call these two rings?
Ed: Your asshole.


Then I walked away.
Few metres down the walkway, another nincompoop tried again.


Poop: Cher, can you guess what is this? (made a ring using thumb and index finger)
Ed: Don't know, don't care.
Poop: Look, cher! I am sure you can guess...


I decided to look down into the ring and wanted to push the fingers out of my sight. Before I manage to do that, the boy landed a smack on my shoulders. Oooh he woke up the bitch. He should have let sleeping dog lie.


Ed: Oi, what was that for?
Poop: You will get a punch if you look into the ring lah!
Ed: [grabbing Nincompoop by his shirt and stunning his friends around him] Eh, you think I am your friend, is it?
Poop: Eh..eh..no lah Cher!
Ed: Listen, huh. I am not your bloody friend. I say again..I am not your friend. You dont punch me. You dont even touch me. Understand?
Poop: Orh..orh orh...understand understand.
Ed: I am not your friend.
Poop: Sss..Sorry...sorry.


Nothing like a miseducation once in a while. I hate to be touched, let alone be punched by imbeciles. Thank God I tamed the initial reaction of punching Nincompoop back.

That's it for tonight.
We shall see what tomorrow has in store.
A thousand times goodnight mafia and yakuza and ah long. Bestow your prowess on me, the lowly relief teacher.


P/S: Meiling said my temper and profanities are under control lately. I forgot to tell her that I dont dance unless I hear music and i dont scratch unless it itches.

###

No comments: