Thursday, March 01, 2007

If I can be sweet...

To you #1: Please lah. Do it yourself. Cant even handle your own shit. Programme expired? Then re-download it yourself.

To you #2: I am not interested in listening to your non-existing love story. I don’t care how smitten you think you are and I don’t want to listen how you think he is especially giving you extra attention. You tell me when things are least more definite. Until then, I will just dismiss it as a childish infatuation.

It is not like I am a heartless bitch (well not totally…I do apologise for mistakes) but hey, I hardly know you. Met in September when I began teaching. Don’t come selling your desperate-for-men stories to me cause frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.



Anyway…
I swear one of these days I will get a heart attack in class and die.

Yesterday, in class, I saw one boy and one girl teasing each other (disturbing/flirting...whatever you young people call it). Then suddenly, the boy touched her stomach (very near her privates!) and tickled the girl. Instinctively, I grabbed him by the collar.

Ed: You don’t touch a girl like that!
Boy: I didn’t do anything! I was just tickling her!
Ed: You touched her and that’s her!
Boy: But she beat me just now! I didn’t do anything!
Ed: Listen here, boy. This is not kindergarten anymore. How old are you? 13? You don’t behave like that to a girl anymore at this age. Get it?
(pulled collar tigher)
Boy: Yes..yes. Okay..okay.


Then I wondered. What could have happened if the boy told his parents that I had “mistreated” him in class?


[This is a fake, possible conversation.]

Mom: Miss Ed, my son told me you hurt him in class today.
Ed: I did? I am sorry. I only held him by the collar.
Mom: How could you do that? You could have choked him to death!
Ed: Ma’am, I don’t think it was as dramatic as what your son had told you. He touched a girl on her lower abdomen…near her..you know…private parts.
Mom: He is a kid. Besides, who gives you the right to round up my son?
Ed: I am sorry, ma’am. Maybe I shouldn’t have done that. Maybe I should have taken your son gently by the hand and brought him, with utmost care of course, to the nearest police station…citing a molest case. I should have done that, shouldn’t I, ma’am? Besides, what’s the worst thing that can happen to him, right? Maybe just detention in the Boys’ Home or something.


I am sure going to the police would have been a wiser choice!

[End of fake conversation.]


Got some more. But am in a desperate bid to sleep. Shalom.

A thousand times goodnight, sleepyheads


P/S: I asked students to write poems. I had one boy giving me the lyrics to Justin Timberlake's My Love.

P/P/S: Another idiot copied parts of 'Nsync's This I Promise You. What is this??? Be original, lah!

###

No comments: