Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sing with me now, sing for today...

Recently, I made my English class write an essay entitled ‘My Hero’. Today, as I was marking them, I stumbled upon a submission written by my Cambodian student. He wrote that he regarded soldiers as his heroes.

Suddenly, visions of Khmer Rouge and Saloth Sar aka Pol Pot come to mind.


Picture courtesy of Metareligion


I picture my student as a soldier. No…not the SAF kind of soldier. Rather, it is the MILF (that’s Moro Islamic Liberation Front, you sickos!) kind of soldiers.


Lord have mercy :(


Honestly what will become of me
Don't like reality
It's way too clear to me
But really life is daily
We are what we don't see
Missed everything daydreaming

Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end
Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end
Come to an end come to an
Why do all good things come to end?
Come to an end come to an
Why do all good things come to an end?

Traveling I only stop at exits
Wondering if I'll stay
Young and restless
Living this way I stress less
I want to pull away when the dream dies
The pain sets in and I don't cry
I only feel gravity and I wonder why

Well the dogs were whistling a new tune
Barking at the new moon
Hoping it would come soon so that they could
Dogs were whistling a new tune
Barking at the new moon
Hoping it would come soon so that they could
Die die die die die
- All Good Things, Nelly Furtado


Was chatting with my students and warning them about the impending mid-year papers at the same time just now in class. Then it hit me. My days with them are numbered too.

Why numbered?
Cause whatever is the outcome, I wont be around (school hours at least. I still have to attend NPCC training) teaching them anymore.


It is a pity really because this particular class is a bit dear to me. I take pains remembering their names and knowing which province they come from. Well…more than half of the students are from China, 1 from Cambodia, 1 from Philippines and 1 from India. There are the locals in there of course. And besides, a new student came in yesterday. Guess where is he from? We are just about to get to know each other better.

But yeah, all things must come to an end and perished. Guess I will miss the one period we have every Tuesday. The kids will saunter back to class after their Home Economics lesson and in their hands are their latest food creation. We will then have an “open table session” in class and study at the same time. Food on the table and I go around tasting. It was macaroni and cheese today.


Not bad really. I am so gonna miss the food.

What?
You think that I will miss the students?
Are you nuts?

Hah…who am I kidding? I will miss those morons.
Especially those in my 2 English classes.
Adorable morons that they are…
God..did I say “adorable”?

Lord have mercy :(

Bah! I seem to always write about school and students.
This blog is fast becoming a relief teacher’s toilet bowl.

But
But
But

I know you like it.
You want to read it.
You want to kiss it
You never miss it.

Okay, enough. Time to prepare some stuff for tomorrow’s lessons. There’s the Speech Day fancy drill training tomorrow. The training itself deserves an entry on its own. Next time.

Wow. It is raining. Bliss.

A thousand times goodnight, suckers.


P/S: The plan is settled and I have the burden to be in charge. I don’t like to take lead all the time you know.

P/P/S: Guys, our dragon friend (remember her?) is pregnant again with 2nd child!



###

No comments: